• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everybody gets an iPad?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everybody gets an iPad?

If you look real close; you could observe that every student and every teacher in SOME schools are sporting an iPad. Same in your Town council and Rural municipal meetings.

Doesn't seem to matter that they are no where adequately connected to the real world.

Which should have come first; the internet connections and will to disseminate the information to everyone; ...or new personal hardware that distances those elected representatives from those who paid for those devices

and still only get limited one-way access.

Who paid for these IPads? Are you saying that e ery elected councillor got a free IPad?

Comment

OOOO LORD ALMIGHTY...i remeber it,well back in ot six every student got his own text book and every student was riding is own horse,back in my day it was three to the horse or we didnt go and it was one book a school,and if it wasnt in the book it wasnt worth the learnin,ooo de chaos that will ensue will have moses a spinnin in his grave.

Comment

And everyone who is anywhere near a business that serves the public... has access to cell phone. iPads easily can hook to wifi... and be internet literate.

Whats up with this complaint oneoff???

I would hope folks could communicate and carry important documents in an ordinary manner that saves paper and time!

Comment

You're trusting my patience dear Tom.

Its a fact that taxpayers supplying free Apple products to council members is in the same category as eating a free monthly monthly supper just before attending each month's council meeting.

Its another the "public trough" example. Its not because COUNCILLORS are on welfare and need free breakfasts or free suppers. There isn't supposed to be business conducted during that meal time away from their families. In fact why don't they eat at home before an after supper meeting? It isn't committee meeting night.
          JEESUS PRIEST Don't be looking at it as a complaint. Also don't be looking at shooting any messengers. It is what it is. A ring of new electronic devices around a council table. And everYone knows exactly who paid for them.

The previous town council meeting had an exactly similar setup of what I assume were Wifi enabled devices. At least the Town's Wifi does work and quite probably the RM's WiFi never did work; so the RM was freeloading off someone else's service.

Got to give credit to the town for allowing both the public and "...." access necessary WiFi access.

Its even possible that the RM WiFi now works; and the person responsible for identifying their SSID conflict will never be given credit for the troubleshooting.

As for ubiquitous devices in classrooms.....at least there is an argument that allowing some more well to do students to bring their own new devices to a classroom setting; isn't fair (on many fronts) to poorer students who could never afford these quite expensive products.

I can see why it should be every student has access or these devices shouldn't be present at all.

Now go back Tom and see if you agree that it is much more important for all ratepayers to get good high speed internet service (or even high speed) internet service; first. And then why not use that bandwidth to inform interested ratepayers in real time.

Need I elaborate? I'm not asking for anything for free. I'm also against taking something for free.

Comment

My pockets are full. Cell phone in one and wallet in the other. So where does the ipad go? Left or right tit piercing? What does anyone need an ipad for?

Comment

Well Oneoff,

If being well prepared, having access to needed information... and learning to best deal with the changing world around us, bothers you....

Take a 'cheer up' pill!!! Complaints like this one... are not becoming to your credibility! Be happy for those around you that serve and care enough to run for public office!

Comment

Its obvious that anything you are willing to listen to has to confirm what you already know.

There is no pill that can change that for you, nor for anyone else. Just because you may well have a current majority behind you; does not mean that your attitude is "right".

I have stated my opinions; I will stand behind them; and the future will be the judge of whom comes closest to being correct.

But don't talk could be about completely missing the points..........eh

Comment

It might as well be recognized that a dozen or less expressed opinions on Agriville is no representative sample.

It does; however provide some indication of how few give a damn; one way or the other.

Perhaps its time to recognize that apathy is deeply set and allow those who see no room for improvement or change of attitude to continue to have their own way.

Bye for now.

Comment

Oneoff,

Lighten up!

And yes you have missed the point!

Do you have a vehicle to go from place to place?

By your rationale we could all still be using a horse and buggy to get around.

This isn't a mountain to die on!

Comment

Tom, there are many who run for public office and do a great job. That I have witnessed again and again, but there also is the dark side of human nature where a jealous neighbour can get on council and be otherwise - until he is reined in. That I have witnessed too. Just saying!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...