• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wild swings - markets ??

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wild swings - markets ??

Are we going to see this continue for a while ? Canola down $10 then up $8 then down $9 then up $9 all within days.. Interesting to watch.

Nov canola ended 2 bucks over jan. Was always below before. Some buyers basis off nov some using jan. If one had a basis contract I am sure the nov futures users would have made you roll a month ago.

Comment

The numbers change up and down..But is anyone selling canola at these prices? Not here..Bunge has free storage till march..Give us your canola..so we can hose you later..

Comment

Partners, an offer like that drives me nuts. They have no incentive to use the market if everyone did that. My God, ante up for **** sakes....the canola IS for sale.

Comment

....NOT ON SALE!!!!!!

Comment

Agreed farmaholic - but there are many guys still dumpin to pay bills and rent more dirt

Comment

One day my viterra agent lets not get hung up on who but had a special. Same miles in other direction the special was 40 cents higher. So I was wonderi g about target at the lower one. Try 12 cents higher was the response. Lol. Volatility can be a friend. Just pay attention. Dont offer to long. I like daily targets.

Comment

What other crops can a farmer cash flow with? 44% of seeded acres is canola around here. Wheat is not moving and there are bills to pay and vacations need a down payment.

Comment

Filling pea contract and cleaning out a bin today. 3000 over contract in bin. Kinda want to clean out bin. Price 8. Said other guys offering 8.50. Guy calls back yes we can take it. I origionally said I will park truck under auger and wait till call. Had auger running truck almost full. Gives me 8:50. Nice.

Comment

Can't be yellow peas???

Comment

Was green. Very nice seed. Dry. They wanted it. Although that is where its at. Buyer say going out on a limb here. :-)

Comment

Sold some $7 yellows today. No home run but its moving forward.

Comment

these wild swings are showing that the market manipulators have lost control ! did you see any of that last winter? NO . they got way too greedy last winter and farmers will remember this for a long , long time . LOCK YOUR BINS and let them suckhole for your commodities . remember the COP that they reminded us over and over about last winter . funny they sure arent talking about that this year

Comment

In northeast SK, $6.50 per bushel and higher is a reality. (#1 and #2 and 13.0 and higher protein)

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...