• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manipulator ???

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manipulator ???

Lots of hype from local independents on this plant growth regulator.
    Ironic name given that there was a lot of lodged wheat in this area this year on high fertility situations . A desperate move by fert outlets IMO to keep farmers using a full high amount of fert at or before seeding then charge them anouther $20/ac to keep it from falling over - good gig for the "salesman" lol
    Lodging can be almost eliminated by variety selection and splitting fert application to obtain the same results with a lot less risk IMO .

Just got off the phone with two sales people on manipulator!
    Must be this winters hot spot cash cow! 75% markup!
    ?

Comment

Lol - push max fert then spend even more to keep it from falling over - now that's a sales pitch .
      We found , in our area, anything more than 60-70 lbs N at seeding or before seeding just adds to too much straw leading to lodging . There is no money in growing straw.
      Products like ESN and or foliars and variety selection can do the same job and be more effective IMO.

Comment

Using banvel everest is a great way to shorten the crop too.

Comment

Was in trials... cost to retailer is 4.20 an acre.

Doesn't do shit. Walked into a field sprayed with it half half can't even see a line...

Walk into a field half and half Ethrel and wow.

agree. Splitting N works wonders. Unless you farm for appearance "from the road".

Got an independent recommending we use 112 lbs of N for a 50 bu wheat crop based on soil tests.

5% om and 38 lbs residual on a 0-12 soil test... right we will get on that

I pitty guys who follow these junk recommendations.

Comment

Klause, that's funny or sad depending on how you look at it. You'll have nearly enough fertility under good conditions to grow 50bpa of low protein wheat with no extra fert. *disclosure-I do fertility consulting* I find it interesting when talking to folks and they tell me their yield is lower than expected or they think they are using too much N, ect. I tell them the program I work with factors in the extra benefit that comes from ideal conditions or that I can show them the fertilizer response curves for their field so we can draw the line between building yield and protein then they either don't sample or get the fertilizer salesman to do the test. Good grief.

Comment

I know, ado...

I use an app developed by the U of Montana... Pretty much thr same as what you guys use with western ag.

What's it like working for Western? I'm going to have my CCA designation before spring. Dunno weather to go independent or with someone like you did.

Comment

I remember when we got away from the chemicals that shortenned the crops we also grew bushels. Was it timing? Dyvel banvel. Buctil m at the time easier on crop and made bushels. I remember crop tours with using various chemicals and the height and health difference. Seems to me any time you hurt something its bad. Then again we have a fix for that. Put this shit on. That shit on.

Comment

For the umpteenth time hopper.

Chemicals that stress crops and cause them to be short is not the same thing as putting Ethrel on a crop.

That's like saying whey protein in your morning milk is bad.

Ethrel simply signals a plant to go from vegetative to reproductive stages earlier.... Pretty much every fruit you eat is treated with Ethrel or the like. Wheat in the former USSR, Europe, and south America is treated with it.

I'd rather grow 50 bu and 20 bu straw instead of the other way around... After this year I thought ya figured that out. LOL.

Comment

What timing you use the ethrel Klause ?

Comment

By the looks of your oats crop you had half the bushels and less weight As high green and seeds flat nothing in them. You wanted to straight cut but had to swath. I know what you have.

Comment

Not looking at the non existent straw.

Comment

Um mm. ... yeah you also saw the truck loads leave...

I'm calling you out this time Mr. Sub 30 bushel full of fuz wheat. LOL.

I like how ya say one thing to me and another on here roflol.

Ethrel shortens straw. It don't do anything for frost.

I remember when you posted on here our peas will run 20 to 30...

And when your wheat out yielded ours because yours looked better from the road....

I also recall being the one turning you onto authority for your peas.. acapella on them later... and tilt on some of your wheat to help with the water stress.

Just cut the crap already. It gets old sometimes. Yes I'm being cranky today LOL.

Comment

Furrow we did 30 ac to a jug just before the heads emerged. Also applied tilt at 40 ac/jug and atp cereals micros.

Comment

Krause, consulting isn't as glamorous as it looks. You have to fight against big companies for acres, put a pile of miles on your truck, spend a bunch of money on computer gear,software and equipment. You also have to work with as wide of range of personalities as you see on here. Some guys will give as much as they take and they are fun to work with. Some won't really care and others will drain you to the point you want to quit. I was a sales agronomist/retail manager for 7 years, did 2 years in VR with agri-trend and I'm on year 3 with western. Email me and I'll fill you in on the detail of working with each. Eaglehillsgrain@gmail.com

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...