• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were shut down mid afternoon yesterday by rain. Oats went through for a while but then Boom and your done. One belt later time to go home.
    Seems its down to three with one to two to three quarters each.
    We have 200 acres and its over.
    WTF is only way to describe being hit by every single rain storm, Either Montana low that crossed valley and giver shit or a Edmonton sinker that when come around long lake it bears down on us and then hits valley and dissipates or turns east.
    Rain Cant describe how it destroys farms.
    Oh well on a positive we just about kicker her in the ass this year, Almost was getting smart and thinking wow we need another 6000 acres.
    My family kicked me in the ass on that one.
    The door on 2014 might be getting close to shut on one rough season. Here is to 2015. May you bring on a drought for all of Canada. We should grow a 50 Canola and 50 Wheat crop then.
    HA HA HA.

I hope you guys are less wet next year - but don't wish for a Prarie wide drought wing nut

Comment

"Almost was getting smart and thinking wow we need another 6000 acres."

With talk like that, I feel a lot less sympathy for your plight.

Comment

One! furrow really wing nut! My posts are to get farmers to look at all aspects not yay the company line!
        Two! The 6000 acres is a joke God witg shit weather you need humor!

Comment

I think the pressure of harvest has finally made you crack...

Comment

Are your oats still standing? It isn't cold/frozen enough for the snow to stay. You might get it yet. Tough/damp but you might just get it yet. Good luck.

Comment

One more kick at the can! Thanks

Comment

What company line ??
                I hope you guys are drier next year that's all. I don't think wishing a drought on all others will help you that's all - hope you get done and I hope your area is drier next year.

Comment

A lot of us can relate to you SF3.
                  Hang in there, you are almost done.
                  Be safe.

Comment

It is hard when you are not actually wet,( but think you are), to fathom the misery of too much rain. While others reaped record breaking crops at awesome prices, we, well, lets not go there. Where I disked last fall, there is water sitting. I thought we were getting out of this rut, but not even close. In fact, it looks wetter here for this time of year, than it has in any of these last several years of pure misery. I was looking forward to next year. Hmmm, maybe not.

Now, as the kids make snowmen all over the yard, I look at my sheep, and the Coop flier. Seems they have a sale on fenceposts and page wire!

Maybe this is a sign.... lol!

Comment

Way wetter here than last fall, even after a reasonably dry July to Sept. The big water is getting bigger. 1.5 inches since Sept and it's MUD! Now SNOW to destroy the gravel roads! What a mess! It better be drier than normal for most of us or 2015 is another crap year. Some where important better have a short crop or prices will be even lower and all farmers, except the US, will have bigger negative returns.

Comment

Well said! Yes missing the boom is probably the biggest thing that pisses me the most! Also I don't know one farmer living with years, years of mud doesn't think every spring will this be the year we get back to normal! Then a foot of wet snow and your two weeks behind. Then 8 to foot rain farm progress show! You know it's back!
                        So no I don't wish a drought on any one but last time I checked the big one in the thirtys and the 80s only lasted 7 years!

Comment

I wonder if reduced tillage is the reason for the increased precip. Almost all of the great plains has changed tillage practices. That's a lot of black dirt that doesn't get as warm.
                          Likely this point has been made by many and I'm just not aware of it.

Comment

Agree with fjlip we here are much wetter than last fall. Not even sure if can pick the rocks anymore that we have flagged with the outback gps From harrow and spraying. Time will tell.

Comment

10 acres to go and she rained on me,who says mother nature doesnt have a sence of humour,very cruel and unusual,but its there.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...