• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harvest 2014 is not done in Saskatchewan!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harvest 2014 is not done in Saskatchewan!

Reports and comments from people in the trade that harvest is virtually complete! FM it looked like August last night!
    Flax canola oats and soy!
    Yes we're all getting worried, shit weather all year continues for our area!
    It's going to go down to the wire!
    Us the Redarmy and my Esso agent and Rockefeller and the brothers! The guy who seeded end of June has nothing in his canola so he is done!
    Be safe all! Have fun! It's just a crop!

You are able to combine? Rained here tues. night. And wed. And thursday was pea soup fog until 2PM.

Comment

Rained this morning, very wet, humid, next week winter, game over.

Comment

Looks like Sunday will be the last day here, if we're lucky, the forecast will hold for these last couple days. Anything crop still out will be left out or burnt.

Comment

So encouraging!

Comment

Soy done this morning, frost killed yield, note to self seed earlier stick with dekalb! 9 to go! Cznola dry just going! Nice wind first real nice windy day finally!

Comment

Good Luck SF3

Comment

Not all the models are showing what enviro i got a government job forecasting weather canada

Comment

Yes, I went through your area yesterday sask 3. I must have so at least 10 combines going within 10 miles on each side of Balcaras. And that was just from the Highway. Those oats south of the red army's farm look like a disaster. Crazy. Hope you guys get her done.

Comment

Those oats were so nice all year. But were down to 6 should get it done. But hard two days.
                    Thanks

Comment

Wish I could go up here...

Comment

Freewheat

Do you have a dryer?

Comment

I do not have a dryer. It is on my list, has been for years. I can't afford to not have a dryer, yet I can not afford to have one, which pretty much sums up my farm most of the time!

And it has to combine to be able to be dried. I have a friend lined up to dry, but the material has to be non-saturated. As always, we are wetter than most.

Maybe today???

Comment

Freewheat. If you have aeration fans already set up in bins I suggest buying an air-o-don heat system. Mine is propane andbasically its a big furnace that cycles warm and cool air. It works well. I use it every year to dry hemp.
                            The advantage to me is its hands off. I do not have the time money or patience to babysit a dryer. This works well. Go one step further i installed OPI moisture cables. Now i know exactly when to turn off the heat and the grainis dry.

Comment

Freewheat did you get your peas off? What worked?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...