• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water by rail

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water by rail

Sure seems like california is in a little bit of a pickle. Although costly they may need to do it cant do much without it and what other timely options are there?maybe by boat?

What's the percentage? Isn't the Earth's surface 70% covered in water? Isn't California against the Pacific Ocean?
    What surprises me is someone hasn't developed an efficient method to desalinate sea water. I imagine it would be no small feat but don't you think it is time for some of these places to consider it. Fresh water isn't limitless even if it's piped in from further away.

Comment

The Middle East has a few desalinization plants , the Tec is there - it's about the money.

Comment

drop a few less bombs....

Comment

Building massive cities in the desert. Not exactly good long term planning

Comment

Is it devils lake that has grown exponentially?

Maybe they could pipeline it south.

That water doesn't contaminate northern watersheds and devils lake levels are maintained.

Comment

Did someone say "pipeline"?

Are they sure it's from an environmentally safe source and not "dirty" water?

Comment

I would even give it to them for free I'm such a nice guy! Take it please!

Comment

I am sure they could treat slough water easier than desalination.

Comment

Does their water come from the Cilorado River?

Comment

Maybe i ****ed some part of this up but if a rail car can hold 170,000 pounds thats 17000 gallons at 3000 bucks to get it there thats .17 cents a gallon pretty sure i missed something staring at reels to long probably screws your head up

Comment

About 21,500 imperial gallons needed for 1 acre, to represent 1" of rain. You would need about 3.5 million imperial gallons to do 160 acres to represent 1" of rain. Rail....I dont think so.

Comment

I was thinking about the fountains of the bellagio and the front lawns of the most expensive houses in the world

Comment

Buffet would really cash in hauling water by rail.

Comment

The logical place to put a pipeline is between the rails. There is plenty of unused space and the rail is already there.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.