• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Domestic Terrorists

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Domestic Terrorists

No disrespect meant to Canada on the loss of two soldiers this week but I sometimes think how lucky you are as a country, and the US for that matter, never to have suffered terrorist attacks on your own soil before 9/11 etc.

Growing up in Scotland "the Troubles" in Northern Ireland were an ever present reality. Over 30 years we lost over 700 British soldiers, 300 police, politicians, sitting MPs and even Margaret Thatcher came close when their conference hotel was bombed in Brighton. All murdered by domestic terrorists, mainly the IRA.

Hopefully we don't have to gear up for such scenarios in Canada.

In terms of age of this Country, we are an infant in comparison to a lot of other Countries. A short history compared to others and who knows what the future holds. One thing you can say is the world has become much smaller with the advancements in technology....with positive and negative consequences.

Comment

Maybe not the same ballpark but maybe it is. The citys of regina saskatoon edmonton calgary winnepeg have large areas that are as dangerous as it can get political terrorists or common street thugs at least some terrorists go for specific targets and not completly helpless people

Comment

Some of us remember the terrorist FLQ in Quebec with bombings and murder.
        Likely Trudeau the elder gained considerable support in western Canada from war measures act, despised by lefties and communist sympathisers.
        Bit difficult for Harper haters if he takes a tough line with terrorists.

Comment

Domestic terrorists puts me in mind of a story I heard from a WW-2 veteran. After the fighting was all over he was filling out paperwork and processing German soldiers. As the next German came to the front of the line he was surprised as he spoke perfect English. He asked where he was from and learned he had been born and raised in Lethbridge Ab. He said it crossed his mind to pull out his gun and shoot him right then and there.

Comment

How can we terrorize the terrorists?

Comment

Cold winters?

Comment

Public beheading... slowly with a dull knife.

Somehow I doubt it would even deter the Extremists. They don't value life...

Not serious...

Comment

Your right farmaholic. Do that and send the rest back to were they came from. I cant believe people come to this country expecting us to change the rules for them. If it was so good were u came from go back we dont need u.
                  These people seem to think its all right for us to change for them and pay for all there relatives to come here and tell us how to live. Absolutely sick of it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...
                  X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                  You agree to our and by clicking I agree.