• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AgriTrade Show in Red Deer - November 5,6,7. We would like to get some input on Agriville.com

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AgriTrade Show in Red Deer - November 5,6,7. We would like to get some input on Agriville.com

We are planning to attend the Agri Trade show this year and wondered if there are many Agriville members planning to attend?

If you are interested in meeting, I would love to ask you some questions on how we can improve the Agriville site.

We are planning to update the Agriville software but I have been nervous about changes - in the past we have lost up to 80% of our visitors when we upgraded and improved some of our other sites....one step forward and 10 steps back...I have learned some interesting (failures) lessons.

The visitor traffic continues to increase on Agriville even with its limited software functionality...up over 22% this year over last and over 60,000 user session from over 12,000 unique visitors. The community sharing has become very important and I want to make sure we improve it not decrease it.

95% of the visitors are from Canada, the majority from SK, AB and MB but there are a number of visitors from the USA, Australia, England and others...

I would also like to know how we can increase some of the other forum topic areas like machinery and crops...

Unfortunately, Agriville.com/Farms.com will not have a booth at the AgriTrade show (it has a waiting list...) but I plan to be there for a few days and would love to meet everyone.

As always, if you have ideas, feedback or just want to chat please email, call or maybe we can meet in Red Deer or at a future farm shows.

Thanks,

Joe Dales
    Agriville.com/Farms.com
    877 438-5729 x5013
    joe.dales@farms.com

Too far from home, so I will put in my two bits worth. The platform on ranchers.net seems to work pretty well. You can look at it by category, or by posts made since you last visited. Those features would be nice.

Comment

Too far for us too. My two bits is that when a message is posted, that topic should now go to the top of the list of topics.

Comment

Thanks Kato and Littledoggie
        I like both of those suggestions.
        Take care,
        Joe

Comment

Plan to be there. Agri-trade is a great family vacation destination (especially when you have a 10 year old son that knows more about the equipment than the dealers often do).
          I think an easier ability to post pictures/video be great. I also agree with the posts moving up to the top as they are posted or added to. Being able to search posts would also be nice.

Comment

You'd best not encourage that machinery habit Sean, it's a tough addiction to break!
            Posting pictures is my only real wish for Agriville. Just can't do it off a MAC.

Comment

GF - any single item on Billy's wish list would be more money than all of our equipment added together and multiplied by 10. I can support his 1/64 scale habit at the moment (LOL).
              That said, just about every machinery dealer or employee I know lives in a new house, drives a new truck, has a new boat, a new trailer, etc. If you want to be supported in agriculture, that seems a good side to be on!

Comment

Hi Sean,

I would love to get together at Agri Trade if you are planning to be around.

Send me an email or call my cell

Take care,

Joe Dales
                Farms.com Agriville.com
                joe.dales@farms.com
                c 519 495-1858

Comment

Joe,
                  Just checked this thread this morning. Sorry I missed you. We had a pretty good trip to Agri-Trade. Met up with a long lost college buddy and his family.
                  A lot of cool stuff, most way, way, way out of my price league. Billy was most excited to see the new release JD big square baler. $170K. It holds over $600 worth of poly twine at a fill. Also saw a new Fendt with a cash discount, where the discount was worth more than all of our farming equipment added together.
                  The grain thing always kind of staggers me a bit, as it is a pretty high speed arms race.
                  When I think about industry structures, you can readily see how having everything tied together has fostered innovation (input seller, also buys crop and supplies chemical and has deals with equipment suppliers, etc) but may not have made things better. The grain side is certainly very scalable. Adding another quarter with some of the newer equipment basically means missing a couple of coffee breaks during the year, while you sit in your Air conditioned air ride seat, the tractor drives itself and you take your lunch out of the refrigerator under the buddy seat.
                  It is pretty amazing stuff.

Sean

Comment

Thanks Sean,

Sorry to miss you as well.
                    We had a terrific trip to Red Deer and loved Agri-Trade.

Great show and we met lots of farmers and exhibitors, we will be back next year for sure.

I will post a video interview with Charlie Pearson we did in a few days.

Here are some of the photos we took at the show.

[URL="https://www.agriville.com/cgi-bin/forums/viewThread.cgi?1415315643"] Photos from Agri-Trade Show. [/URL]

Take care,

Joe Dales

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...
                    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.