• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plugged Unloading Auger on A85 Gleaner

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably got some piled up flighting somewhere. God damb old shit. Had my old 1680 apart before. Just a sugestion. If you get your tank empty which you have done restrict the feed from the bottom oftank first after checking e erything else.

Comment

We have put high pressire water thrpugh both ends, pne more try and we pull the flighting. Unbelievable that there is no clean out on the auger. Its 2008 not 1928.

Comment

Any help at Whitewood?

Comment

No warrantee so he has to fix the fn thing himself. Everyone else has dealer warrantee so sol. I hope you figure it out.

Comment

If it makes you feel any better I had a neighbour with two new macdons. I was running 15 year olds. He was down for 3 days cause did not know tightening canvass would keep shit out. I run my 15 year olds 24hours a day. His new macdons were sitting plugged up canvasses. Cannot run like that. **** me.

Comment

What u mean no clean out on auger? Not sure about the turret type augers that is an option on gleaner and Massey but I have an R65 gleaner with the regular type unload and it has three clean outs on unload auger

Comment

There aren't any on this thing. We pulled the auger with the Bulldozer after 2 days of fooling around. Young guy thought we could budge it without pulling it out. A guy at Nick's in White City told me it was easy to pull so it was. 4 bolts top and 4 on bottom and presto! Experience is King!

Comment

We know how to plug an auger. Picture this. We needed to hold the combine down with a loaded semi hooked to the front axle, blocks behind the combine wheels, parking brake on, air brakes on semi, damn thing still skidding and a JD 755 C, a 50,000 lb crawler loader yanking at the chain until finally it came loose. There's a story for the fishing trip. Halleluia, yuk shi my!

Comment

Wow. Thats hard to believe. Did a pile of grain
                    build up at the dicharge end and cause it to plug or was the grain that tough that it couldnt be augered? I would have been leery of pulling it without being able to pull it in a stright line out of the tube. Was the chain in line with the tube? Did your combine get the updates? So its back together and working again? ld

Comment

Dont forget to time your auger right when you put it back in might end up doing it again

Comment

Good point Cotton. Farmoholic, we put it in resting position and pulled straight back.

I think the grain must have swelled a little due to the water we were adding to get the auger to turn. I wish I could post the pictures. Its back together, working. Let's hope now that its dryer, everything purrs along. Now gotta watch for fires because 30 degrees today. Maybe one day will be a no-breakdown day. Think so? When you buy a whole line of used machinery, you fly by the seat of your pants.

When our middle son was younger, he flew spray plane doing potatoes in Manitoba. The owner had 27 and more planes in the air. When they crashed, he would pull them over by the dug-out. That was the graveyard. We have a dug-out! LOL.

Comment

The update is that little bearing at the top of the unload auger and it seemed to be ok. We will take it to the dealership after harvest next spring, LOL. Yep Cotton, in the cradle, straight back pull. Have a great day everyone! It's a beauty.

Comment

They are a simple combine... but hard on fuel. Good luck with the rest of harvest

Comment

Most bizar thing I ever heard of! Are you saying it was bearing failure? I did have a neighbour yank the concave out of a Massey with his Steiger a long time ago but what you did beats that.

Comment

No bearing failure. Seems that damp grain and slow unload setting plugged the unload solid- unbelievably solid. So friggin solid that we needed the Cat and a loaded semi to hold the combine from skidding. All good now. Both combines behaved themselves yesterday. Man, if we hadn't had the two "F"s - Fuz and Frost, she would have been a barn-burner.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.