• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone using a spreader on their auger?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone using a spreader on their auger?

Seems with fuzarium infested grain if we need to store it which is most likely we should be using some sort of spreader on the auger among other things. Probably good for any grains. Anyone using one any recomendations on?

Sounds like a gimic to me.

Comment

The central core is not the same as most rest of bin. Agravated more if have weed seeds. We all know that.

Comment

Fuz will spread in bin. Heat and moisture bad.

Comment

Spreader won't work for that. After you fill bin pull 20% and dump it back in.

Or do you mean those new big bins??? You should be using a spreader in those... Americans who only have large bins run spreaders and stirators....

Comment

I have never heard that. Interesting...
            We made a thing thAt clips on the bin lid rim and hangs down 3 feet and hits a discer blade. It spread it all the way around a 36 foot bins at the bottom cause grain would fly out the door at the start of bins. Don't do it any more. Air seems to move with the fan the same on the temperature/moisture cables the same with or without doing it. (4 cables inside with 1 down the middle.)

Comment

Ok just read it, lol
              Above 18% moisture it can spread. Don't think much will get store at that.

Comment

You bring up a very good point Hopperbin, for more than one reason.

Maybe one should use a spreader when filling truck too! Ever think about how grain flows and why part of the reason probe samples are not official samples, even tho our price is set on them?
                Where does you elevator place their probe in your truck box? Right in the center, where all the broken grain and weed seeds have gathered (aka- dkg).
                Why does official samples have to be taken by a cross cut sampler when elevator sells, but a probe is good enough when they buy?

Also the reason why you should make sure elev uses the borner divider when ever they handle your sample.

From the GIPSA. USDA web site:
                Grain is non-homogeneous. That is, the whole kernels, broken kernels, and foreign material that are present in any lot of grain, segregate whenever grain is handled or transported. Fine particles tend to concentrate in a region near the center of the
                container and coarse particles in the outer perimeter. For this reason, avoid probing in the "spout-line" (i.e., that area of the container directly below the loading spout where fines accumulate).

Comment

Ita kinda interesting... If we load the trailer over the slope front and back to heaping when they probe they got 1.5 dock 0.6 splits.

When we load over the slides they got 3.3 dockage 1.2 splits (yellow peas).

This was in peas but probably the same in all crops.

My boss when I was hauling grain always told me if it was a good customer load on the slopes if he was a Prick load over the CHUTES . LOL

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...