• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mechanically tenderized beef

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mechanically tenderized beef

Is anyone else getting questions from customers about mechanically tenderized beef? I’ve got three emails today about it. Did I miss something? LOL

I stand with you. Not gay of course.

Comment

Market Experts might challenge me but any real farmer that walks his fields honestly knows what's out their. For us in the east crop insurance better get ready.
      For the guys in the west maybe a few less bins needed or grain bags used.

Comment

I figure half bushels on wheat Fuze. Little more on canola. Half on peas generally too much moisture at wrong time. I dont think some new ****ing fung or disease killed the peas in one year. Givevhead a shake

Comment

SF3 - I totally agree with you. 6 weeks ago all crops along the Trans Canada from Calgary to the Sask border looked outstanding. There are very few left that even look okay and much of it should be harvested right now. But wet, wet, wet. Feedlots will be happy. Stands of wheat and barley that looked good in early July are stunted and thin now. Very few good canola fields, but the problem with the good ones is how green they are. Most will be lucky to make 20. Pods on one third of the plant and 2 inches or less in length. Not sure how the south country made out, but the Peace was extremely dry this summer. And then there has been the hail or hail squared. I guess the only great area this year is Tom's place, lol.

Comment

On peas we were one of a few that started with them years ago. Funny thing our best yields were early on and as the years go past our yields seem to be getting worse. It's in the ground and taking something. Water in excess has increase what ever it is.

Comment

Agree with yall... think wheat s little higher than hopper thinks and canola a little lower. We will see.

Still haven't had a hail adjuster out here from the July 27 storm.

Comment

Oh yes I forgot the storms of late. My best paying field of peas is 35 bushel hail check.

Comment

Somewhat agree with the peas 18 years ago. 70 bushel yellows. And 60 greens. Declinining ever si ce.

Comment

Air stream from fort Mac. All kinds of pollution floating over land east of there starting to build up in the soil.
                    It is a fact cancer rates higher much higher in air current path from there.

Comment

I suspect the reason that they are asking is that this week the new rule (courtesy of the XL Foods recall fiasco) comes into effect that mechanically tenderized meat must be noted on the label with instructions to cook until the interior temp is at least 63 degrees (might be 67).
                      Normally a steak or roast is low risk as the meat is only exposed to external bacteria and cooking kills the bugs on the outside of the meat. The risk with mechanical tenderization is that the needles used to do the tenderizing can push the external bacteria into/through the meat, and it may not be killed during cooking particularly if the inside is not cooked to the medium range and the internal temperature is not high enough.
                      I suspect they have heard it in the news this last week.

Comment

Disease is going to kick the shat out of a lot of 'good' crops here

Comment

Rider I hope your joking.

Our peas have been running that high... it's root rots that move in cause peas are hosts.

New seed treatments help but in a year as wet as this year your screwed.

Apron Max and cruiser max. Same as on soybeans.

Comment

Klause , you hittin 60 ?

Comment

But that's what the yield monitor sez!!!!
                              Especially when you pull back on the hydro hard ;-)

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.