• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Safety around bulls

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The reason to use some of these herbys with glyph, is to
    a) Kill volunteer RR canola
    b)Provide residual control of some weeds like cleavers and volunteer canola
    c)Delay glyph resistance like they have in the US from using glyph alone so many times sequentially
    d) to sharpen the glyph on certain weeds it is weak on alone, like large cleavers, or really, large anything.

I used heat at the high rate on my pre-seed peas this year. Worked awesome. Holds down cleavers and volunteer canola for quite some time.

Express pro IS NOT plain Express. Pro has Ally in it, and has strong residual.

Comment

i guess we since we dont grow roundup ready and use 1L minimum of roundup not a problem for us.

Comment

FYI one liter of roundup will kill any cleaver i have ever come across.

Comment

Furrow, what ever became of those peas?

Comment

We often have overwintered cleavers that can take a lot of glyphosate. And the nature of the multiple flush cleavers, is such that something with residual is very important.

I use at least a litre of glyphosate, sometimes 2, depending on what is getting seeded. But I never use it alone.

Comment

holy freewheat, you arent screwing around

Comment

In the USA they are spraying up to 10l/ac of glyphosate a year.wont kill anything anymore.

use cocktails. They will lengthen the time before we have resistance.

did you know most LL canola is now rr resistant too? Just natural cross breeding.

We are going to use Authority next year on peas and then in crop basagran and select in separate passes.
                rpasses.

reason for this is we use express on oats express pro on wheat. Need to keep formulations mixed up.

Comment

I've always found that you need to keep working on bulls to ensure they respect you. I always make a point of walking up to the bulls - walking in towards their shoulder from a forward angle until they turn and move away from you. I do that with younger bulls and the old stock bulls out in the pasture. That way you are asserting your dominance on a daily or almost daily basis enough that they don't challenge it.

Raised the vast majority of our own bulls for many years that way and never had a problem. Had a couple of problem bulls that we bought in, turned nasty when they got older - both had been haltered and shown and had no fear of people.

Comment

Are some of you guys been dreaming ???
                    This whole thing is a preburn glyphosate and heat !! It has *** all to do with anything else .
                    I have brought this up several times in the last the 3 months !!!!!
                    That's was just a fuked up nozzle
                    You should see the actual spray miss !!!
                    We did a yield count - 40 bus hit ..

Comment

Cotton , 1120 ac

Comment

BTW - thank you Klause !!

Comment

Why would you use basagran and then select inseparate passes? Good luck getting that done.

Comment

Klause using multiple modes at the same time creates super weeds resistant to multiple groups. Rotating herbicides is the key. Also using the same chemistry back to back like double spraying your rr canola is a big no no.

You need to rotate groups not throw 3 or 4 groups into a mixture if you want to stop resistance.

Comment

Holy furrow if all your 1120 look that bad you will be looking for a big number. Good luck

Comment

I have to agree with kato that the demeanor of the bull will come through in the calves. We have bought a lot of our bulls from one particular breeder and have never had a mean bull from him. Then we tried another breeder, and had nothing but trouble with his bulls. Bulls need a lot of room when penned together, and that still doesn't guarantee no fighting. Bulls of the same age/size tend to fight. A young bull and an old bull will not fight. The young bull will submit to the older bull. If you have a flighty bull, never never try and do anything with them without a companion or two. And even then you have to be very patient and more clever then the bull.

grassfarmer, you must have the passive gene in your herd. It's what we strive for in our herd - anything that is head's up is gone.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...