• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nutrient management plans

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nutrient management plans

I was at a Sask Institute of Agrologist (SIA) meeting last night and was disturbed to learn that AIC - the national organization for professional agrologists in Canada - is actively working toward regulation that would require farms in western Canada to file nutrient management plans. If true this type of additional regulatory interference would needlessly add expense and bureaucracy to grain production for no compensatory benefit. In areas of dense population with intensive livestock production perhaps there is a reason for monitoring nutrient applications - particularly manure. Under dryland grain systems the only reason for nutrient management plans is to keep bureaucratic hacks employed writing and approving another piece of paper.

If you know a professional agrologist now is the time to express your disapproval of such a self-serving piece of regulation. It wouldn't hurt to talk to your local MP as well.

Phone me at 780 422 4053 (dial toll free 310 000 first) and I will put you in touch with appropriate people to find out where the paper work is at.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...
    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.