• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Environmental regulation

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Environmental regulation

Isn't it just great to be living in Alberta which claims some of the highest energy sector regulation in the world?
    Reports just coming to light in recent days of a spill of 580 tonnes of frac sand in the small community of Bashaw. The spill happened on June 17th and a clean up only happened after a concerned citizen reported it to health officials July 15th. Mentioned on the radio that kids had been seen playing in it and parents taking it home for sandboxes etc.
    Frac sand is composed of silica which causes Silicosis a fatal lung disease.

I pretty much only eat them in chili, red kidney, a couple of time per month. Lentils in the form of soup once in a while. Mostly just to use up my harvest samples, frenchies.

Comment

Seldom.... mostly red kidney in chili. Odd time a mixed bean salad. My choice of pulses is lentils in a tomatoe based lentil soup think like a stew. Go on a canned chick pea(garbonzo) kick every once in a while and eat them rinsed, good for protein and fiber but bland plain. Don't really eat peas other than garden peas. Too much useless info for you.

Comment

After my middle east tour this winter I've been eating more humus, haven't tackled trying to make it yet.

Comment

We love beans. Organic beans if possible. No kidding!

Green beans right now are a big part of our diet. Just butter and salt. Every night until we are tired of them.

Refried beans, homemade and frozen used in lots of dishes, stews, chili, soups.

The kids love Lentil soup ( french onion style) with mozarella sprinkled on in winter. We call this one of our hockey soups.

Comment

Green beans, most often, red, white, kidney, one of them perhaps once a week. In chili and stir fries.
            Chickpeas as a spread with onions and whole. Lentils red and green regularly. Yellow and green peas. All yummy and healthy!

Comment

Grew up on homemade baked beans, my mother, a creative cook made many versions of them, but I now make baked beans using lentils (well not even baked but in a pressure cooker which makes faster & nicer) using the same principal as baked beans.

Lentils most everyday in some dish or another.

Always beans with fish, because it was what we always did: coleslaw, fried fish and cold beans.

Why do you ask.

Comment

Prefer mine fresh off the vine and not a mature seed,have a bag in the fridge from the garden im going to pickle this morning.

Comment

We eat a lot of beans Love the canned Bush ones but too much sugar right now Wife makes excellent baked beans from scratch with whites. We eat a lot of blacks, some kidneys in chili, and love the texture of pintos cooked in dishes. We also eat a lot of refried beans as we love Southwestern flavors.

Despise the taste of lentils.

Comment

Yellow bean mustard pickles. Why can't someone sell them in a store. yellow or green beans out of garden with butter ( yes butter not margarine) and salt. Beans off campfire. Beans in chili and three bean salad.
                    Ah crap I got gas now!

Comment

Eat lots of lentils and garbanzo beans as well as black pinto and kidney. Kids do lots of cooking with pulses and after a diet of these for 2 months after a trip to Nepal and India, you come to realize meat is just a habit

Comment

Only green beans from the garden or fresh from store in winter

Comment

Friend of mine says: "Pulses and greens aren't food but is What FOOD Eats"

Comment

Vegtable based protein-poor mans meat-has a bright,bright future 10 billion people will NOT be eating animal protein at every meal.

Comment

Poor man's protein is healthier than fat rich man's protein. But I still like my beef. Chicken second and not a pork fan....too fat. It takes generations to change diets. My parents hardly ever ate dried pulses(versus fresh/frozen garden peas and green beans), I do and so will my kids. The price of beef alone will make people switch to other animal protein and maybe even pulse protein.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...