• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

haying

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haying

Hows the hay yielding i am guessing close to #3000 per acre here mostly good quality but if forcast is right then the rest will be crap, or over mature. N.W edmonton

Central Sask. Alfalfa baled and stacked a little over 2 ton per acre waiting for test results no rain, buyers interested in it. It is strange how it can just shut the tap off all of a sudden I would like to see a rain for second cut.

Comment

Canora SK.Just started cutting yesterday. Excellent looking crop for what it went thru. No wet spots either amazing what a week of hot and dry can do. Looks like we missed the thunderstorm.only a big light show last night. Will be cutting again today

Comment

Just started here. Earliest in a long time. Got about 1/2 baled up dry, but hit 98% humidity the other night that held up baling. Now 1/2" of rain, so we are not haying for a day or two...

Comment

So far so good. Got thirty acres baled without rain. Lot of bales there, but haven't counted them yet. Now we have about three days worth of baling lying on the ground drying. Watching the sky! We've been lucky the last week or so, with rains going around us, but you never know....

Comment

Silaged last weekend, pleasantly surprised to run 8tons/acre so probably 3.25tons/acre on a dm basis.
            We are in good shape for grass but growth is about done for the season unless we get substantial moisture soon. Shade over 4.5" since the snow went which is dry, dry dry for us.

Comment

GF you in the rimby area? Thats a nice yield should be about avg or a little better for here but was some winter kill here and a little less rain than normal. So whats the price this yr3 cent or4?

Comment

Yes I'm at Rimbey Horse. I really think it has to be 4c/lb this year and I'm saying that as a prospective buyer. Quality will generally be good and some areas of the province will be very short of hay plus second cuts may not happen because of dry conditions. On the other hand the trucking costs are so high it will limit movement and I'm guessing there will be grain crops in some areas that are late enough they might run into frost issues so might make an alternative fodder source.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...