• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New posters?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New posters?

So what is with the spate of new posters with the unlikely handles posting cut n' paste articles to stimulate discussion ? Are you really ranchers or a creation of Agriville administration?

Hi Grassfarmer,

Thanks for the post.

I have asked a number of new people involved in the cattle industry to join Agriville and help stimulate the discussions here...

My objective was to increase the sharing like we have in the Commodity Forum. I think this is a unique and valuable way to help each other and the industry. As everyone is aware, there are thousands of visitors per day on Agriville but only a very few post, I know it takes a little to become familiar with...

Please work with them and they are new at using this type of forum so maybe trying a little too hard to fit in and get topics started.

I would encourage the people who visit Agriville to ask others to join and share with us.

If anyone has feedback, suggestions or ideas, please contact or call me, I really do love hearing from everyone.

Thanks and let me know how we can make Agriville at more valuable and interesting resource.

Joe Dales
    Farms.com /Agriville.com
    877 438-5729 x5013
    joe.dales@farms.com

P.S. I am coming to Calgary and on to Lethbridge for a week at near the end of July...too late for Stampede unfortunately. I will be visiting with some people I will be showing Agriville to and trying to encourage them to begin posting.

Comment

The more the merrier. I remember the first few times I tossed a comment out. Oh boy, I would go over it, reword it, check the spelling even. Obviously it got easier over time. Ha ha ha...

And the things it led to.. ... Never saw that coming!

Comment

Thanks Kato,

Good comments and thanks for sharing, you, grassfarmer and some of the others major posters create the atmosphere here and help set the tone for people...which has been very positive and supportive.

I get a fair amount of email from people who visit the site and love to see what people are thinking but are not confident/afraid to make a mistake... and so do not post.

I suggest using alias names to help them get started.

Please call me if anyone has ideas on how to make this Beef forum more useful and informative. Our team has recently started to plan out a software upgrade to add some improved features to the Agriville site as well, I will keep people posted to our plans and progress.

Take care,

Joe Dales
        Farms.com Agriville.com
        877 438-5729 x5013
        joe.dales@farms.com

Comment

An upgrade would be good. It would be nice if threads were bumped to the top when a new post was added. As it is now, they go dormant pretty quickly.

Comment

Hi Joe, I'm all for new posters - the more the merrier. I was trying to figure out if these were genuine posters when they all turned up at once.
            I know its been mentioned before but the thing that would make this site really come to life is if we easily had the ability to post pictures. I post pictures from my photo bucket account to other discussion forums but its a major undertaking doing it with this site.
            I can't do it at all off my iMac.

Comment

Great points Kato and Grassfarmer.

I really appreciate your advice and input.

I agree we need to improve the functionality of Agriville and we are researching software that will make it easier to post and display content...
              Photos and videos are something we need to have the ability to do.

I will keep you in the loop and may want some feedback if you don't mind when we are closer to finalizing our software platform choice.

Remember to please contact me anytime if I can be of assistance.

Thanks again,

Joe Dales
              Farms.com Agriville.com
              877 438-5729 x5013
              joe.dales@farms.com

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...