• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fencers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fencers

I am have to replace my fencer (again). Any recommendations of best brands or ones that I should stay away from?

Use Speedrite or Stafix (formerly PEL) and your problems disappear. Stay away from Gallagher in my opinion - they are overpriced and underpowered.

Comment

For once I agree 100% with GF. So much so that I started a Speedrite dealership this spring.
      They are 1/2 to 1/3 the cost of a Gallagher and work better. We run a
      6000i, 36000R, 9000, and a 3000 here.

Comment

I like my Parmaks. I have a M1000 Gallagher, but only because I bought it new off Ebay for 1/3 retail price.

Comment

ABG Anything but Gallagher. As big and powerful as you can afford. Definately a remote control shut off

Comment

Had an old PEL 450 originally, bought a Gallagher 850 to replace it - 3 x the price and much bigger machine - hooked it up and watched the voltage drop by 1000v. Have a 36000 Speedrite now with the tester to switch it on and off from the line.

Another thing we use and like are the tiny solar powered fencers we have got off oilfield pipeline fencing projects. Can't remember the make but they are small, black, all one piece and the battery goes in the bottom. We use these on short temporary runs that are inaccessible. On a clean line of a half mile they can still run 5000v . If you run a 100 yard fence they go as high as 8000v.

Comment

I agree with the majority. Speedrite and Stafix have proven themselves for us.

Comment

Why is everyone so against Gallagher? I was about to buy a Gallagher fencer, but after reading this discussion thread, I am having second guesses. At my local farm supply store that’s all the sell is Gallagher. Should I be ordering a different fencer online?

Comment

Sounds like you should be giving Sean a call.....

Comment

Thats the thing Gallagher are best at - marketing. It's also Speedrite/Staffix biggest weakness - you have to go hunt down a producer who retails it and drive to their farm to pick it up. Maybe they should take marketing 101 and figure out how to get it stocked in farm supply stores?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...