• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB Feed Wheat Discounts

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CWB Feed Wheat Discounts

Thalpenny,

On the PPO basis contracts, how do the discounts for feed wheat work?

Let us say I did a July basis contract, and was to price my 62lb feed CWRS wheat right now.

CWB feed wheat price...$107/t basis Port
    $47/t freight and handling

Leaving an initial payment of $60/t

Now, the difference today between the initial price on a #1CWRS 13.5Px @ $187.20 and the October 9 quoted price of $289/t leaves $102.80/t.

Now your web site says you are going to subtract $58.42/t???

This means a cheque of $44.38 will be sent to me for a grand total return of... an amazing $104.38/t total return???

$104.38/t is $2.84/bu???? total return, with the highest prices in history, when I have one of the lower handling charges in western Canada???

Since this wheat is really worth double what you are willing to give me, where does the other $2.50/bu go???

Is this really how your PPO system works this year Thalpenny????

How can you even fathom that this CWB system is extracting anything but a huge loss, from the PPO contract holder that through no fault of his or her own, had a bad time with the weather?

Do you call this fair Thalpenny???

Thalpenny,

Say I priced some wheat at the end of July, flat priced say at $230/t #1CWRS 13.5Px.

Does the discount today $58.42/t for feed wheat apply to my delivery if I got you to buy the feed wheat today?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...