• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canary Seed Question

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canary Seed Question

I am wondering if any of the moderators or members may be able to help Chantelle out? I have reposted this message which was sent to me via e-mail earlier this evening. What are some of the hurdles a farmer should be aware of if they plan to seed canary seed? What are some of its benefits over other speciality crops? Any assistance you may provide is appreciated. Respectfully, Jory Lamb =============================================== Hi, My name is Chantelle Kraushaar. I am a grade 9 Student in Swift current Sask. My science class is doing research on agriculture. My topic is Canary seed. I was wondering if you could answer One question for me that i haven't been able to find anywhere else. What are the advantages and disadvantages of Canary seed? I thank you in advance. I await your reply eagerly. Thank you. Sincerly, Chantelle Kraushaar

The big disadvantage to growing canary seed is the market. It is not a big one and it doesn't take long to flood it. A grower will want to grow the new hairless type as the older variety has hair on the seed which makes it itchy. For more information on canary seed, go to the following site on Alberta Ag's Ropin the Web http://www.agric.gov.ab.ca/agdex/100/147_20-1.html

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...
    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.