• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Food Bank Assistance

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Food Bank Assistance

I was listening to the radio about all the cases of food coming from the East to feed drought stricken farmers.I'm Sorry, but I just don't get it !!! How can a farmer not feed himself and his family ??? Please tell me he has sold everything (land,cattle,machinery) and has no money left to feed his family. Or is this a cheep place to shop, or an abuse of the system. Preying on peoples feelings and their willness to help however they can.
    Are these the same people who are letting their animals starve to death, while waiting for a bail out?
    I am very sorry if I sound heartless, but I think this is going too far.
    Are we turning into a third world province?
    (I do farm in a county that was declared a drought disaster area too)

That puzzled me too. Do they mean that donations are down due to the drought and farmers not contributing as much to the food bank ? Like you I find it hard to believe that farmers are going hungry.

Comment

I have also heard reports, that food donations are down because of drought stricken farmers, and that I can understand. There are others who heard the same report of food aid going to farmers so I know I did not hear this wrong, but I'm sure the reporters must be confused, As there is something more wrong than just the drought if farm families are going hungry

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...
      X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
      You agree to our and by clicking I agree.