• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Our generous government

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our generous government

The federal government likes to tell us how much they do for the poor old farmers in this country. After all Goodale rattles off big numbers about the 15 billion over 5 years thing. Well actually it works out to only 9 billion from the feds and the rest from our provincial governments, but still we're talking 2 billion a year. Mostly smoke and mirrors!
    Now this is impressive but no way does it stack up to the $7 billion a year given to foreign countries in various schemes! I think our politicians need to understand the concept that charity begins at home!
    I'm not disputing the fact that little black kids in Africa need to be fed, but is this really happening? Or is our aid money going to buy some more guns for a ruthless dictator? Is there any accountability? Do our politicians even care, or is it more about being able to play the big white bwana?
    Interest free loans? No problem! Maybe they could give some interest free loans to people struggling to make the land payment or feed the cows?
    My parents were big church supporters until they found out that the money they were giving to the World Council of Churches was actually ending up buying guns for a violent communist group in Mozambique! They had a foster child that was killed by guerillas in the war there. Sort of changed their minds big time!

Couldn't agree more. Charity begins at home. My belief now is : let's start looking after our own hungry and needy before we hand out to others !!!

Comment

Exactly. In Canada there is a whole underclass that while probably not starving, sure aren't living the life of Riley! Meanwhile we have an upperclass that preys on the poor. Now I'm not against a person getting ahead and accumulating wealth! But I am against a system where through political corruption you succeed beyond all reasonable means. So you have "professions" who limit the number of people it allows into its ranks, create a shortage, and then charge outrageous fees! Like in reality does a surgeon really need to make a million dollars a year, while people die because we have a shortage of surgeons?
      It is with particular disgust that I see all these little single mothers being shuffled off on welfare! The country is creating a permanent underclass right here. Wouldn't it be better to educate them and subsidize them so that they can contribute to society and raise their kids to be something? Instead they send them to some goofy college so they can learn Shakespeare...I guess then they can quote the bard when they are working at MacDonalds? Why not get them in the trades where they can make an actual living? And who is to blame for all these little mothers? I would suggest a lot of the blame lies with the governments laws that destroyed the family?

Comment

Cowman- Our politicians are so out of touch with reality that it's downright sickening. I say we bring back the politician who has * been there *. Just because someone is University educated, doesn't mean they have common sense, and that is what is needed to run a country as great as Canada, alot of common sense. In the last 30 years or so, our politicians have all been "silver spoon fed". It's time we took back control of our country and made the politicians work for us, instead of us working for them !!

14 years ago , I knew I needed a future for my children and myself so I took an Industrial Mechanics course.( millwright) Then I got hired by a chemical plant and was trained as a Stationary Engineer ( boiler person ).I worked for 10 years in a man's trade ( by the way, I am female ) and found out that there are loads of government sponsored programs available specifically for women , but who knows about these programs?????? Very few women know because the government just does not want to spend any amount of money advertising it. Our government's priorities are definitely screwed up and until we start voting in the people with common sense, we will remain just where we are today.

Comment

Well good for you! I've always believed in the capability of women if they get the chance.
          I know a pipeline contractor who hires a lot of women for welders and welders assistants. He says he likes to get single mothers because they are just like a mother cat...get out and hustle to bring home the mice to feed the kittens!!! He says they have the best motivation in the world!

Comment

Congrats pettie oh dam name is likely spelled wrong read it and now can't remember for sure but admire people like you that is what used to make this country great. Now the only important people are those that are the head of big corporations that rip us off or politicans or their assistants. It isn't right and it is about time that the everyday working stiff started having their opinions counted and for that matter valued because without them these so called experts(highly educated and paid I might add) would starve to death.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...
            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.