• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hay West

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hay West

Just ready the previous thread abt loading hay in the east. How wonderful! I hope you folks out there know how much it means to us out here in the west that you are thinking of us. Seems like you are a long way away but things like this bring us much closer together. Thanks again!!!

Just got the word they're going to let us use donated money to hire cutting, raking and baling of donated standing hay into big square bales. I don't know how that helps when we already have the hay and they won't let us pay for transportation, but I knew long ago I didn't have the right mindset to be in the government.

Comment

That is encouraging news that more hay will be baled with the intention of it coming west. I know that at our farm we would gladly pay a reasonable fee for that hay that could in turn be put back to transportation costs.
      There is much talk here in Alberta about donations, etc. Maybe it will all come together. God Bless all of you who are trying to help. I know it must be frustating at times.
      I am sure many farmers across the country are reading this thread and would not hesitate to help if given a way in which they could. Let us know what we can do.

Comment

Being lucky enough to be able to sc**** together enough hay to get through the winter I likely shouldn't be so impressed with the generousity of the eastern farmer. Things like this happen so seldom it sort of brings everything back into prespective. Another farmer isnt the problem it is the system we have to change. And of course in the midst of the crisis our federal government works overtime complicating a simple thing like getting donated hay out west. I am not at all surprised since our representatives in Ottawa have to find some way to take credit for the idea and in fact they will likely take credit for all the work the eastern farmers have done. It is the Liberal way you know. I have to get out and try combining peas again. Not much fun, not too good a crop and the weather never gets real warm and sunny, so is real slow. Dalek you are closer to our old nemesis Vanclief so hope you and your neighbours can get through to him because the western farmer has no influence at all on him.

Comment

Neither do we anymore. We did for the first couple of years. Kind of surprising how little he listens considering his son is still trying to make a living farming.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...