• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mr. Vanclief

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr. Vanclief

Hey folks - heard the big guy is coming to Alberta. Why don't we drop him a line or two to let him know how we are doing.
    It's real easy to email him at http://www.agr.gc.ca/contacts/emailmin_e.phtml
    Happy letter writing!

I e-mailed him last week to suggest he should show some interest in the situation. Of course I never got a reply but then I didn't expect one. I do think we can hold these guys feet to the fire a little and maybe they will get uncomfortable enough to either do something or show their true colours. Anne McLellan should be taken to task as well. She is Alberta's rep in cabinet and said last week she "might" get out to the drought area "later this month". Obviously she only represents the cabinet to Alberta and not the other way round.

Comment

It seems there is no accountability in gov't these days. Maybe if you have Anne's address we could invite her for coffee also.

Comment

We've been trying to get people here in Vanclief's home area to send in letters or call his office in addition to whatever donation they have. I know I talked to one guy who had hay loaded up ready to dump in Vanclief's front yard if we didn't get railcars coming here.

Comment

Farmers are known as kind, reasonable people but nothing says that we can't be kind and reasonable with a voice. We need to be heard. I URGE everyone to spend 5 minutes expressing their concerns to the government. Apparently we need to create a sense of urgency or the snow will be falling and the cows won't be coming home.

Comment

To get MP's e-mail adresses go to www.gc.ca; take English (I'll presume) then under Government Contacts click on e-mail. They are listed in a few different listings. These people live off our resignation to their indifference to us so it's partly our fault they take this attitude. If we can't force them to do something let's at least make them feel some discomfort.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...