• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

water witch

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

water witch

My neighbor has a couple of wells that were nothing to write home about. One was shallow(60 feet) but a poor producer. The other was deep(400 ) and full of natural gas(you could light the tap! Most deep wells around here have natural gas in them. One local pig farm gets enough to run a generator that supplies them with all their power). Because he needs a lot of water he decided he needed a decent well. I told him of a water witch I know. He was sceptical but decided $200 was a cheap price to pay if it worked. The witch found him a 20 gallon well at 110 feet only about 25 feet from the 400 foot well.
    Now this water witch is good! He found me a 50 gallon well at 50 feet! About 50 feet from a poor 230 foot well!
    Also if you can don't get a rotary rig to drill a well. The old cable tool rigs work a lot better.

Don't you mean 'water warlock'?

Personally, I don't believe in 'water witching' although some pipples swear by them. I've never seen ghosts or leprechauns either.

Ihave a flow from my well of 12 gal. per minute and it was drilled by a professional driller who scoffs at 'water witchers'. He regards them as being charlatans.

Regards.

Comment

Well if this guy is a charlaton he is an awful good one! He made about $50,000 at it last year. There was a write up about him in the Western Producer about a year ago. Companies fly him all over the west to find water! There is something to it.
      Many people can follow a pipeline, water line, buried cable. This is a pretty common practice with municipal workers,utility companies and the oilfield. I worked with one guy who was awsome, as good as a metal detector, better than first call. Give it a try. Take two peices of wire(coat hanger works good) bend them in an L shape. One in each hand pointing straight out. Walk across an area where you know there is a water line. As you cross the wires will cross each other if you have the gift. I have absolutely no gift...doesn't work for me but I've seen it happen too many times not to believe in it! I also know a guy who claims he can witch oil! I'm a bit sceptical about that one!

Comment

Cowman I think I used the fellow you are talking about ( if you are from the RedDeer area) Found it interesting enough, fellow guarnteed us water or he would refund our $150, only problem was when we didn't find water the "witcher" claimed that we used the wrong well driller and refused to refund our money.

As the saying goes " buyer beware"

Comment

Wow!

Have the prices gone up!

Dad needed more water on our farm near London, ON back in '36.

A neighbour came and walked around with a witching stick, found a good stream beside the horse barn, he said. The tree crotch sure turned down! I think Dad bought him a beer - if there was any compensation.

Dad drilled the well beside the house, got all the water we needed (and more available).

Tore our big old white brick house (7 bedrooms) down when they ran Highway 402 from Highway 401, south of London, to Sarnia, about 25 years ago.

Dad, with serious breathing problems, moved to share crop near Regina in 1946, we had cistern to save roof water in house, carried drinking water for four or five years till Dad bought his own farm. No power, either - till landowner retired and moved out there a few years later.

Dad's health was great for the 40 years he lived in Sask. At age 85 drove from Regina to London, N. of L. Superior, in 3 days driving alone to visit old buddies from his farming days in Ontario.

We said he was crazy - but when they're 85 you don't tell them what to do!

When I told that story to a woman the other day, she replied, "Try (age) 16"!

Indeed!

Two weeks ago drove from Detroit to Peoria IL (planned possibly to NC) with my little 1990 Dodge Colt, 1.5 litre engine, standard tranny, 150,000 mi., which had been checked at garage the week before - with starter refusing to work.

I was a missionary helping refugees get ther lives back on track in Korea just after the Korean War. I said that you don't have to be crazy to be a missionary - but it helps.

Does that make two in the family?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...
          X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
          You agree to our and by clicking I agree.