• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2002 FIAP (is it really new money??)

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2002 FIAP (is it really new money??)

In my way of thinking the 2002 FIAP $$s a farmer receives are going to be added to his 2002 income margin for FIDP the farm income disaster program which will reduce his FIDP claim by that amount. The farmers who have it tough and are in a claim position will not see FIAP as new money but as money they would have received thru FIDP anyway. Why does the provincial govt announce that it is NEW money & in addition to the previous programs. This money is a bonus for the farmers who are not in a claim position for FIDP. Is this really helping the right people????? Let me know if I am not seeing this correctly.

You are correct in that the Fiap will be deducted from your Fidp claim. What I am wondering is will the province use fair market values on commodities for the upcoming year. I understand silage is selling for $50 a ton in the stand so add$10 for harvesting and you have a pit value. As well hay at upwards of $175 a bale and straw at $40-$75 per bale and those of us with feed inventory deficits should have reasonable expectations of a payment under this program which should help make the winter feed bill. However can you look your banker in the eye and tell him you hope for a potential payment in the long run in a attempt to finance this winters feed bill?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...