• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JD 8850 tractor

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JD 8850 tractor

I understand this tractor has an 8 cylinder motor.Does this motor stand up? What kind of things should a person be looking out for if you are considering buying one? Is this an odd motor that JD dicontinued? What is the scoop on it?

Reg; I'm not an expert on the JD 8850 but I did a lot of inquiring on this model a little while back when shopping for 4WD. Your right, the engine is a V8 of 955 cu. in. displacement, with a factory rating of 375hp(engine) and 303hp pto. Several John Deere mechanics told me that this particular engine will/can spin the main bearings if the oil is not changed regulary. A JD dealer confirmed this and added it is an extremely expensive motor to fix and a bottom end job could easily go $10000. He said its not a bad engine, if you keep the oil changes regular.If your browsing through the used tractor ads you notice '...with new bottom end..' for a lot of the 8850 ads. Hope this helps.

Comment

to me tractors are dependable rebuildable powertrains with mounted cabs i understand the 8850 can be just that with an 855 cummins repower

Comment

to me tractors are dependable rebuildable powertrains with mounted cabs i understand the 8850 can be just that with an 855 cummins repower

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...