• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the CWB use integrety???

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will the CWB use integrety???

Thalpenny and the CWB;

I have watched the Barley pool interest churning income fiasco with interest...

I have always been amazed at the morality standards used at the CWB... THE Love your neighbour as yourself misinterepretation for justifying the right to take everyones grain without permission, and pool it to force the same price base back on everyone.

Now I see the same morality base being used against the countries who bought our feed barley many years ago... the churning income on feed barley...

Now if the CWB actually had some integrety, would they actually be able justify adding 8mil of bad debt to the people of these countries???

Is this not the essence of the debate???

When the CWB borrows money for these debts at low Bank of Canada rates, and then lends the money out on these debts at the higher commercial rate... pocketing the difference... isn't it true that the difference gets added to the debt the country owes?

If you Thalpenny were stuck with paying off a contract like this on your personal property you owed money for but couldn't pay , and had a public fiasco like this going on, how would you feel???

Wouldn't the right thing to do, be to return the debt churning revenue to the government and taxpayers of Canada, who will be ultimately responsible for these bad debts that will never be collected on?

Then upon returning the funds to the Canadian Gov., lower the amounts of bad debts these countries owe the same amount?

If it is against the law to add this interest chrning income to anything but
    the pooling account it is attributable to, how can there be any other answer but to return the money to the Canadian Government, since the CWB Act states profits made by the CWB that are not for the pooling accounts must be returned to the Receiver General of Canada???

Why is it so hard for you people at the CWB to understand what is right, and what is wrong?

Kernel,

You must have been given some nasty pills by someone... but I agree it is hard to explain why or how our society has become so exposed to risk through modern technology... 9-11 is a real good example...

The fear of GOD is the begining of wisdom the wisest person who ever lived said... yet our countries in the West have turned their backs on GOD...

I believe this is the reason for calamity, because individuals will be judged on judgement day in the future, but nations, since they have no eternal spirits, are judged in real present time...

Is the time of judgement now, or will we turn from our wicked ways...

Osama Bin Laden had a point, not a reasonable way to express his disapproval, but all the same we need to learn from what happened, not prove he was right by blowing everything apart we are afraid of... (like going to war with Iraq)

We do live in interesting times... the word "normal weather" is hard to equate to what has happened to our farms this year...

If food production fails, civilisation colapses...

Comment

You are right on the money TOM! You've got it!

Comment

Kernel;

Thought this was interesting:

Aug 04, 2002 (The Sydney Morning Herald - ABIX via COMTEX) -- Drought-like conditions are affecting rural producers in Australia in August 2002. Cattle and sheep producers are running out of feed in some areas, with cattle prices down 30 per cent on last year's figures. Crop harvests for the 2002-03 season are forecast to fall by up to 26 per cent. Many parts of Queensland, New South Wales, South Australia, Victoria and Tasmania have a more than 60 per cent chance of lower-than-normal rainfall over the next three months, according to the Bureau of Meteorology. The Australian Bureau of Agricultural and Resource Economics has downgraded its winter crop production figures for wheat, barley and canola. If the spring rains do not come, the crop estimates will be downgraded further.

Publication Date: 3 August 2002

AUSTRALIAN BUREAU OF AGRICULTURAL
        AND RESOURCE ECONOMICS:
        AUSTRALIA. BUREAU OF METEOROLOGY:
        CATTLE COUNCIL OF AUSTRALIA:
        MEAT AND LIVESTOCK AUSTRALIA LIMITED

Comment

I don't think there should be any apologies necessary for continuing to collect debts owing. The interest earnings are a benefit to farmers, and its unfortunate that Tom4cwb sees that money should go the coffers of the feds instead of to farmers.

Tom

Comment

thalpenny,

What tom4cwb thinks or any other farmer thinks takes a backseat to what the legislation actually says. If the Directors are not following the legislation, the CWB could be put in the same situation as the provinces who were receiving transfer overpayments, and then were called upon to give back the money. Millions recalled by the Government from CWB pooling accounts during hard times, particularly in tight moneytimes could be very difficult for farmers since the pooling accounts are already ailing.

I guess the important question is, what does the legislation say, thalpenny? Legislatively, is the interest money to be put into the Government coffers? Please refer to the actual legislation when you reply.

Parsley

Comment

Thalpenny,

Hounorable business people are not greedy, they honour their customers, and don't bill costs just because they can... especially if they know the customer can't pay...

I am extremely sad the CWB is taking the position it is, as it reflects badly on my credibility as a honourable long term supplier of products.

But thanks for being honest enough to confess the truth.

What do you think the Japaneese business community would do in this situation? Would they not honour the customer's name, before personal gain?

Comment

thalpenny,

I asked the question:

"Legislatively, is the interest money to be put into the Government coffers? Please refer to the actual legislation when you reply."

and I am sure that a lot of farmers would like this question answered because it is very important farmers get precise facts.

Parsley

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...
                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.