• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something is just not right here

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something is just not right here

It would seem to me that something is seriously flawed in this country when we jail a farmer for giving a couple of sacks of grain to some 4H kids in Montana. I'm speaking of Jim Ness from New Brigden out in east central Alberta. Now this big criminal farmer is going to jail for giving his grain away? Is this totally insane or what?
    How is it that he is a member of the Canadian grain commission but also a major criminal? I cannot believe our government and judicial system has become so absolutely silly. This is so stupid!

Cowman, the worst part of it all is that Jim Ness is up to his neck in a Wheat Board mess because the CWB Directors denied all Western producers licenses. Ness needed the export license to cross the border with a bag of wheat....BUT he or any other Prairie producer could not get an export license from the Board. Period. So he gort nailed.

Then there are CWB Directors like Art Macklin who try to let on like they are just innocent bystanders in Ness' problems. Macklin is quoted in an article called "Farmers stand their ground", the Calgary Herald, Monday, July 15,:

'It is "unfortunate" the farmers chose to "break the law and bring misfortune on themselves", said Macklin, adding the issue doesn't involve the wheat board directors.'

"It has not been a useful expenditure of boards of directors' time dealing with issues that are really not our issues," he said.
    UNQUOTE

What drivel. Macklin is trying to tell farmers that issuing export licenses is not the Board of Directors' issue. This is not true. The responsibility of the Wheat Board IS to issue export and interprovincial licenses. Either Mr. Macklin still doesn't know what the Board's jobentails is OR he is being less than honest with farmers. That is where your problem lies cowman.

Every farmer should call their Board member and tell him to issue an export license retroactively to Ness et al and there will be NO jail for any of these farmers. And then vote heads-up.

Parsley

Comment

Cowman,

Jim Ness is actually a member of the Alberta Grain Commission, not the CGC...

THE Alberta Grain Commission is a group of advisors to the Alberta Minister of Agriculture, which explains a volume of how serious Alberta is about achieving a system the allows marketing choice.

The Canadian government is acting is spite, and the judge that sentenced Jim actually was allowing this civil protest and demonstration when he allowed the Crown's request to throw these people in jail... this is hard to believe that the Canadian gov. is so stupid to go ahead with these convictions...

I wonder if something will not come down from the Minister of Justice for Canada before people actually go to jail...

What is so unbelievable, is that Customs and Revenue can have the money they want at any time, if the payment of the fines is the issue... every farmer gets big GST cheques on a regular basis...

How Can the Justice Department be so stupid???

Why didn't the Crown ask the judge for the money, I can't believe what is happening... It is like they need these people to go to jail, to teach us all a lesson...

As if farmers farm going to jail as political prisioners is going to help the CWB and Customs and Revenues public image..., is this what higher education teaches these lawyers and politicians???

Are these people actually this daft???

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...