• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Versatile 875 Series III 4WD Tractors

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Versatile 875 Series III 4WD Tractors

Could anyone tell me what the upgrades are for the Series III units over the Series II? I have been told that mainly the transmission and differentials are upgraded. Is this so? What else if any?

We don't have this type of information on file here at the Alberta Farm Machinery Research Centre, but I did checked out the Nebraska Tractor Test reports for each of these tractors, as well as contacting the local dealer, to try find some answers for you. Versatile made a 875, and later the 875 Series III. As far as I can find, there was no Series II. The 875 was tested as Nebraska Tractor Test #1332, and the 875 Series III was Test #1483 [give me (Darryl Slingerland) a call at (403) 329-1212 for a copy of these reports]. The Series III have serial numbers of 875 83 057906 and higher. It turns out there were no major differences between the two tractors. Both use the 855 Cummins engine, and are basically rated the same. The transmission and hydraulics are the same. The Series III has some parts which are a little heavier duty, including the differential. The clutch brake is also a little different. The cab was another minor difference, with the Series III having a different windshield, giving better visibility. The seat position was also slightly different. For more information, you would probably be best off to talk to your local New Holland dealer. Darryl Slingerland Alberta Farm Machinery Research Centre

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...
    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.