• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gun control

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gun control

There was a little write up in the Central Alberta Life paper, where they quoted this "expert" as saying guns were once a part of our western heritage but are now no longer necessary. He stated that back in the fur trader days they were an evil necessity to put food on the table but in todays modern world with bountiful agriculture they have become unnecessary and are now just basically a social evil!
    Which is fine and dandy! I wish he could tell me how I'm going to get rid of the gophers? They outlawed any poison that actually worked! And if I have a cow that breaks her leg how do I put her down? Beat her over the head with a club? Or load her up with the front end loader and take her into the vet to get euthenized?
    Once again we have an "expert" laying the wisdom on us when he has no clue about the real world! I well remember my grandfather saying if you do exactly the opposite of what the district agriculturalist and other govt. experts recommend you'll always prosper!

Cowman it doesn't matter about a cow with a broken leg because I bet in 5 years you'll have to get a vet to put her down or you'll be breaking the law. I wonder what some of these people would do if they came up against a rabid wolf or raccoon though.

Comment

Dalek those so called highly educated and highly paid experts would have no trouble at all talking reasonably to that rabid animal. But that would be behind their desk where there is no danger of ever running into one. These are the important people in our society that make all the important decisions for us dumb farmers that don't know how things really work. What a joke if those people were in the field in charge of producing food there would be half the people starving to death in Canada. Why do we let them order us around? The time has come for us mild meek farmers to start rebelling against these dough heads!!!

Comment

The compliance numbers with the gun laws are not good now. I guess most people know the registration thing is sort of silly and basically just a waste of time and money. I have no real problem with registering a gun or two, other than the fact that it gives our government too much power and the enormous cost...$600 million and rising(then they turn around and say there is no money for anything else)! Once they get the majority of the guns registered what is to stop them from making it a user pay system? Say a $500 fee/yr./gun? Or a thousand or five thousand? Expand the gun registration system into a beuracratic nightmare?
        Apparently in England you have to get a vet to put down an animal. Now if I live 100 miles from the vet this could be pricey, not even mentioning the suffering the animal must endure.
        But we must remember the real reason for all these silly little rules and regulations. Jobs for the party faithful and to extract more money out of the peasants! Consider how many people are gainfully employed enforcing foolish rules in this country and you will see why so many countries are kicking our butts in international trade.

Comment

Don't forgot, gun control advocates voted en masse for the Liberals and always have, while hunters and farmers have always voted largely for PC and now some for the CA. This is also why the Liberals pay so little attention to agriculture.

Comment

I myself could care less about putting down a cow or killing a wild animal.
            What TICKS me off is being told to have to get rid of guns. It is my right to own a gun and if I do something illegal with it then punish me, but not before. No criminal cares about gun control, and if domestic violence is the problem I'm sure they will find another way to inflict pain or kill.

My local museum had to get rid of their old guns because it was going to be to complicated and cost to much to keep them. These were old guns, and most were unusable. Grab a brain someone and tell me how a old unusable gun is a threat.
            If you want to outlaw something useless and unusable then it should be old Jean in Ottawa.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...
            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.