• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

netwrap bales

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

netwrap bales

What do you do with the wrap when feeding the bales? One source said the wrap gets shredded in a bale processor and passes through the animal, the other said no way and refuses to feed them. I am looking at buying a baler with netwrap and am wondering if it is worth the extra money? Thanks

Personally, I hate 'em!

Comment

Why? problems processing, storage, handling? Thanks

Comment

I've bought a few netw****d bales over the years and do not really like them. The wrapping can be hard to get off if frozen. At least with twine you can pull them off one at a time.
        I have also felt the bales were not as tight as twine w****d ones, but others tell me it was probably the person baling so maybe they are right.

Comment

I agree with Muttley. I found them awkward to take off, frequently frozen in many areas. More bulky to gather up and to dispose of. I also don't think they were as tight but don't know if there was any loss because of this. I am not sure what you are supposed to gain using netwrap?

Comment

thanks for the info I think I will go with twine.

Comment

I have used netwrap since 1992. The advantage is speed. Two turns of the bale and out it goes. Saves leaves and time. Propably 10 hrs of tieing time on 2000 bales. We have used it in our shredder and as long as you use the soft white net very little seems to miss wrapping on the drum. If you bounce the bale before cutting the net it comes off easier than twine as you don't have all the grooves to freeze in. Thought I might give you the other side.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...