• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB grain delivery changes,

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CWB grain delivery changes,

Charlie,

I got my "Permit Book" delivery application with the "new" CWB policy...

No more acerage deliveries...

45t of delivery against any contract taken out, instead of 40t in the past...

Oct 31st, Jan 31st and May 30th signup dates... Sept 27th for CWRW...

The CWB says we farmers had an important say in these policy changes...

"More than eighty farmers were consulted in... meetings held last year... The same farmers were consulted again after their views had been compiled. Then, the changes were approved by the CWB Board of directors."

Is talking to about 80 farmers, "consultation"?

Exactly what changes were made in the proposed grain delivery changes from start to finish of this consultation process?

Doesn't this new delivery policy still bring in scads of grades and types of grain that has no sale, from the small permit book holders that get to deliver more now than in the past under the system in the past?

Isn't this just another election ploy to bribe small permit book holders into voting pro monopoly?

So, tom4cwb, what changes would you like to see?

Tom

Comment

thalpenny,

For starters,

1. Cash price buying, at delivery, as well as the opportunity to sign my production to a pooling account, if I had trust you were doing a good job of marketing my grain.

Then the CWB could buy the grain they need when the customer needs it, and the cash price being paid by this customer reflected in the CWB bid to me.

Transparency and Fair Market Value, is all I need, and I believe the least I should be able to expect from the CWB.

2. The opportunity to sell to someone else besides the CWB, so I wouldn't need a jailhouse record book at all, if I chose not to deal with you!

thapenny, just think for a second, if the House of Commons recomendation is implemented, do you really believe this "New" and "better" delivery system just announced would last one second, if we had marketing choice?

Why not get innovative now, instead of forcing us to dump the whole CWB structure... because we are so frustrated with your gimics that go nowhere and just make the farmers who try to make a fulltime living from growing wheat and barley...Sick and tired and ANGRY...

Would you take this challenge on thalenny?

Why as me now, anyway, but thanks for the question!!!

I appreciated the opportunity to answer!!!!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...