• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ordinary Hard Winter Wheat worth more than 14% DNS

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordinary Hard Winter Wheat worth more than 14% DNS

To the CWB and thalpenny,

I checked;
    http://www.uswheat.org/marketnews.nsf/d5aefe7f9a8f0ab185256ab7004bb40f/8b6b63d6f91ee34985256bdf00740bb1?OpenDocument

This is the June 21st 2002 price for wheat, and nearby as well as deferred months have DNS 14% worth less than Ordinary Hard Red Winter.

I see in the CWB's fixed price contract offerings, that the June 21st price was $199/t for CWRS 13.5 and $177/t for CPS Red, the two classes that compete directly with US DNS and Hard Winter Wheats.

So why exactly are you offering us $13/t less than what our CPS is worth on the open market?

tom4CWB,

The CWB Act still reads that the Board will sell for what they think is "reasonable". NOT for what they think is the BEST price, NOT selling in the interests of farmers, but what they think is reasonable. That's the law.

The point is, tom4cwb, we have a whole lot of CWB Directors (we have elected), who are are willing to sit at the Board table, year after year, and never put forward farmers' interests. They seem to act like more like employees. We have even read where some employees at the Wheat Board are speaking publically on behalf of the whole Board, with the exception of Chatenay, of course.

Does the CWB pay the farming bills for many of these Directors? The Directors obviously think farmers should get what they think is "reasonable", because they have never made any attempt to LEGALLY change the mandate. Lots of hot air at the Board table about maximizing profits, but tom4cwb, you have just illistrated, how the Director's 'Hot Air Policy' has translated into offering farmers $13 less than the market offers.

They must think that is reasonable. I don't . That is why I keep harping about "be careful who you vote for".

Farmers can find out the worth of our grain these days with the technological tools we have. You just did tom4cwb. Posting it on this website is putting all farmers' interests first. Thank you.

Meantime, all farmers should be asking their Directors, why they are not receiving this same information, making this information available, and acting upon it. Somebody is a pocket-liner with the $13 that could be put into Designated Area pockets. Let's elect Directors who look after Prairie pockets.

Parsley

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...
    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.