• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Letter to Doug Horner

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letter to Doug Horner

Dear Minister Horner

With the recent announcement that the budget deficit will likely increase to $2.3 - $3 billion, the need to be fiscally prudent becomes increasingly important. We welcome the announcement that the government is seeking $500 million in efficiencies and will not put any extra money into public service payrolls.
    We would urge you to reconsider the creation of a "Senior Policy Advisor" for Agriculture? In light of the fact this is a newly created position, without even a job description, is it necessary at this time?
    Deputy Minister John Knapp is a competent and able DM who has done a good job for quite some time now. Perhaps he could continue doing his good work without the benifit of a new adviser in these challenging times?
    Alberta would save a lot by not having to provide a $120,000-$158,000 salary and benefit package, as well as office costs, expense accounts, etc.?
    Cutting spending and striving for fiscally responsibility is an admirable goal and this would be a good place to start?
    Thank you
    Alberta Surface Rights Group Society

Dear Mister Minister
    Why not try to run things more efficantly like mabey getting a decent return for our public lands? Theres a $100 mil bank roll that should be in the treasurys pocket.
    Then it would be nice to see some return for our resources OUR royalties are a joke. I am sure there would be some pissed off oil and welfare cowboys out there but with a little luck you wont be there to take the heat after the next election anyway.

Comment

Dear Minister Horner,

Thank you for sparing me the boring and unnecessary
      details of a silly little thing like finances. I, like the
      rest of Alberta, hope to be smart enough some day to
      understand the complexities of what you and the rest
      of the finance department are experts at.

Lori

Comment

Doug Hornie, you are a sack of sh@3, butt
        what is expect, having a Gag background.
        Do ya count only on yer fingers and toes.
        Know wonder Albertie is in trouble. Guess
        we need/demand a pipeline ta somewhere to
        solver our eco problem..

Comment

I never find sarcasm works with politicians Lori - they are usually not smart enough to figure it out and read the words at face value.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...