• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Still at er

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still at er

For any of you agrivillers who think that old Kaiser has given up on the packing plant idea..... NOT.....

Yes we have been close and had an operational management team fall apart and a number of investors promise the moon and then bail, however this has all amounted to more experience and being even more ready.

Part of the reason that our investors - who are all non ag related investors - bail is the negativity that runs in our industry - right down to some of the naysayers right here on Agriville.

How would another buying option be detrimental to our industry I ask? Has Prairie Heritage or Second to None Meats ever hurt anyone in the beef cattle industry?

I realise that most of you are either tapped out or trying your own thing, but if any of you knows of any capital partner or has the balls to spread the word. We are alive and kicking and have all of our operational management, cattle supply, and marketing done, all we need is for someone with some bucks to take a look at our due diligence and our company and jump on board.

Still working on leads every day. This will happen folks and when it does, I know that every one of you will benefit in some way.

I have no doubt that you will succeed, Mr. K. Your tenacity is to be admired and respected. In the words of that great philosopher Larry the Cable Guy.... Git 'er done!

If we win the lottery, I'll give you a call.

Comment

I suggest calling 1 800 ASK4CWB. They can
      provide all the pooling services you require.

Comment

Good to hear your still chasin' passions Randy, thats what it's all about!
        Too bad the Feds won't anti up to their mistakes and give back a little of what most of us lost....then you may find a few investors.....most of us are just trying to catch up.
        Cheers,
        Larrry

Comment

Randy most entrepeneurs doint say much what they are going to do, but just go ahead and do it and if it fails to bad .
          hope you do better than Canada-Gold -Beef never heard any more of them sad so mutch money lost and our tax payers money on top of it .
          as an old timer and not smarth to understand the packing industry
          why would any body put money towards that .
          Cattle business never been better and we have modern plenty of packing plants where we can can deal with .
          again, wish you all the luck Randy

Comment

Have to disagree with Ag-Boy....."cattle industry has never been better".....it certainly is better than it was, however if you consider how much costs have risen, fuel, power, labor, we are still not keeping up with "today’s standards".
            Pre BSE was much better, although we were working on a 60 cent dollar, which made a big difference.
            Please do not become too complacent. We need competition from "other" packers and should take the opportunity to move away from the whims of multi-nationals and our own governments low food price policy.
            So keep up the “good fight” Randy ;-)

Comment

Have to agree with Perfecto, lot's of hooks space but not much competition and a difficult task moving beef in different directions. No time to sit on our laurels.

Comment

Don't want to burst anyones bubble but I find it hard to see where the cattle business has never been better. Don't get me wrong I am glad to see the ranchers receiving more for calves but the good news ends there. High feed costs ( as well higher everything), a less than stellar economy in North America and access to only two packing plants here on the prairies are making cattle feeding near intolerable. Hope no one is thinking of increasing the herd just yet

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...
                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.