• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More taxes?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More taxes?

It would seem the Harris revolution in Ontario is over. Delayed tax cuts(read that as it will never happen) and increased taxes on cigarettes(those poor old smoking sinners!)
    Alberta did the same think earlier plus a little bit on booze. Ralph Klein out and out lied to the people of Alberta and I guess you could say so did Ernie Eaves to Ontario.
    Now why are these men liars? Because they needed extra money. For what? Those old bottomless pits...health care and education! Now it is all fine and dandy that the kiddies get a good education and you can get into see the doctor but where does it all end? In Alberta education and health care eat up over half of the provincial budget. The doctors and teachers are pleading poverty and it looks like no end in site to the increases! In another few years will there be any money for anything else? You can't just keep raising the taxes! Eventually people will just quit working or go underground. This is exactly what happened in the Soviet Union that brought about its downfall.And maybe that would be a good thing for Canada? Then we might have some meaningful change?
    So I'm going to vote NDP in the next election because I figure they will get us there even faster than the Liberals or Conservatives!

HAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!never thought I would see the day that cowman would put in writing that he was going to vote NDP. I guess anything is possible nowadays. I am just kidding no exactly what you mean!!!!!!!

Comment

I caught an interview with Mario Dumont on CBC last night. Now there is a man who seems to have it right! Less beuracracy, lower taxes, a devolution of powers to the provinces, no more navel gazing about Quebec sovereignty!
      Sounds like Actione Democratic might just work for all of us! I hope he wins in Quebec next time, then maybe the Liberals can get a life and actually start to solve some of our real problems?

Comment

Maybe that's what agriculture needs to do - be part of both the health and education sectors! Then funding won't be an issue! LOL!!

Somehow I don't think the mainstream will buy into it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...