• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kerry Towle.....a really good MLA!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kerry Towle.....a really good MLA!

In 2010 the Alberta government rammed through Bill 24, the carbon capture bill that actually expropriated private property, without compensation or access to the courts. Our organization, Alberta Surface Rights Group, had been alarmed with the other "land theft bills" 19/36/50....but Bill 24 was the ultimate wake up call!
    At that time several of us realized if we didn't do something soon we wouldn't own anything!
    A decision was made (after conferring with our lawyer) that the best solution was political. We decided we needed to turf the party that was bent on destroying us.
    Bottom line was I was "volunteered" to act as campaign manager for a new candidate in the Innisfail/Sylvan riding. This was going to be a tough job.....a really green candidate going up against a popular incumbent and a strong PC party machine.
    The truly important thing here was we had a motivated candidate, who had an extreme work ethic, and uncommon good sense for someone so young.
    Believe me when I tell you our team just plain outworked all the opposition! Our candidate just got stronger as the campaign went on!
    Since becoming MLA the candidate, Kerry Towle, has proven beyond a doubt to be probably the best new MLA in the province! I am so proud of her and so glad that I did my small part to get her there!
    Watch for her...she is a game changer!

I guess they are in a tough spot with no Government
    critical media and no sitting legislature due to
    democracy barely functioning but the Wildrose have
    been largely anonymous since the election as far as I
    can see. Where did Danielle go? The only reason I
    know they still exist are the incessant phone calls for
    money. Being elected MLA has been the most
    effective way to silence Joe Anglin anyone has come
    up with yet.

Comment

She must be good I never heard of her, what did you say was her claim to fame?
      I agree I am getting tired of the begging for money to I tell them when I see something I feel is posative I may consider a donation.

Comment

They are pretty visible down south.

Comment

Horse: You might be really happy for her efforts when you hit the old folks home in a few years? Kerry played a big part in getting the slop they called food changed at the nursing homes. She embarrassed Horne by publicly inviting him to share the 21 day menu with her at the legislature.
          She has been in the thick of things on the closing of the Carmanguay nursing home/interviews etc.
          She is lobbying hard for an intensive health care building in Sylvan Lake.
          She held a meeting two days ago to put pressure on the Ab government to do something about the dangerous intersection at Highway 11/781. 347 people attended....it was a barn burner!
          She has been interviewed on the Berger patronage appointment and other government waste, by CBC and Global.

As for future "property rights" issues:

In September the Alberta government is going to hold 15 "workshops" on "the value of water". This is the opening shot in an Alberta water market (of course held while farmers are in the field with harvest!).
          In the fall legislative session we will see a new "Competitive Policy for oil and gas Act". This will effectively silence your voice and your rights on surface leases and pipeline right of ways. The landman will hand you the order and the cats will be in the next day. No more hearings, environmental assessments, compensation negotiation.
          Now that the Lower Athabasca River land use area is finished expect the South Saskatchewan Land Use area up next. The LARP was mostly sparesly populated crown land The South Sask is a different kettle of fish....in the LARP they cancelled 19 oil leases....they could very well cancel several grazing leases in South Sask land use area (expect a real battle)? (and by the way....with Bill 36....they don't have to compensate or give you any access to challenge in court!)
          You had better hope you have a strong opposition standing up for your interests! I can pick up the phone and get my MLA right away now (and do so at least weekly!).....much better than the old fool we had before who spent most of his time walking around bumping into walls!

Comment

One more thing:
            I hear you all on the whining for money thing! It's going to be brought up at the AGM this fall. The little beavers at head office need to know this is pissing people off and isn't helpful!

Comment

Hey Horse, I am going to make an assumption that your MLA is a PC member. So is he or she doing anything noteworthy that someone from outside your riding would have heard of?

Comment

OK, maybe the Wildrose MLAs are working away
                actively in their constituencies which is a big part of
                their job description. The problem to me is that they
                are invisible on the provincial scene apart from
                getting the odd chance to comment on a story on the
                TV news.
                I think it comes back to not having active politics
                going on in the Province. This idea of having a spring
                sitting of the Legislature for 4 days and maybe,
                maybe not having a fall sitting is so alien to me. I'm
                used to politicians being elected then seeing them go
                to battle in parliament on a daily basis - they get full
                time pay after all. Without the opportunity to fight for
                their ideas to be heard and to criticize the ruling
                party how can they ever be a credible opposition with
                a chance to change the status quo in the eyes of the
                electorate?

Comment

Actually the fall sitting starts on Oct 23?
                  We know the education act is coming back and the Competitive Policy for Oil and Gas. Bill 202 will probably be introduced and possibly a "Water Market Act".
                  I'm not sure what other constituency associations are doing but we are busy educating our MLA on the O&G bill, 202, and the "politics of water"! We want her prepared to hold their feet to the fire!

Comment

I was meaning more the fiasco with last years fall
                    sitting and whether or not to hold the 3 day event.
                    Just different to what I'm used to.
                    Here is a link that shows the recess dates of the UK
                    parliament which shows that although they don't
                    exactly work 365 days a year they do spend a
                    substantial amount of time in parliament - and they
                    attend to their constituency needs in between times.

http://www.parliament.uk/about/faqs/house-of-
                    commons-faqs/business-faq-page/recess-dates/

This Alberta system of governing in caucus is a very
                    poor imitation of democracy - indeed its more like a
                    dictatorship.

Comment

Per Yes she is a pc and why would I expect more from her than the 3 before her for the last 40 yrs , THat the good citizens of alta has so heartelt sanctioned
                      And by the way I haved never voted PC provincaly and no I also didnt vote NDP.Ever.

Comment

I agree. Wildrose needs to raise its profile. this
                        government needs to be relentlessly held to
                        account.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...
                        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.