• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ducks Unlimited

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ducks Unlimited

It always amazes me how much money D.U. has to spend on what for a lot of farmers is nothing but a pest. Now I don't look on them as a pest but I sure wouldn't set aside large areas so they can nest undisturbed. I figure its up to them to find a safe nesting site...that is the life of a duck!
    I have a friend who does their spraying and he says they never kick at the hours or the cost of chemical.
    I find it strange that a bunch of rich sportsmen will spend these millions to grow ducks to shoot! Maybe we could let them shoot a few hundred western Canadian farmers every year if they would send us lots of money? I'm sure the federal liberals would be in favor of this plan?

I think that DU does a great job of preserving wetlands and habitat for our feathered friends. As is normally the case, what works well for one group doesn't necessarily work well for another. It is a matter of balance and it can sometimes take time for the balance to be found.

If a shrinking pool of hunters gives money to preserve the wetlands, then I think that isn't an all bad thing. At least they are paying to preserve them for the future. Not everyone has to agree with hunting or for that matter even understand what motivates one to hunt. I don't particularly understand what a person gets out of hunting, but then again I don't understand what people get from golf, but they do it.

What are non-hunters i.e. people living in urban areas who say they want to preserve the wild areas doing in terms of preservation? What funds are they putting up?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...