• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey westerners

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey westerners

Is it still raining in the wet parts out there? We had 3" Wednesday, 3" so far today and still raining and no end in the forecast. As I look out on a 5 acre cornfield right now it's almost completely covered in running water from a full stream, including the low part in the middle which is running about 10' wide and 1-2' deep and from 800' or so away it sounds like a waterfall.

Well, our weather has reached you - kind of mixed feelings about it too. We needed the rain, but it all came at once and now many fields are flooded. Some fields are looking truly green. Some grazing land now has large areas of standing water - hoof rot a concern.

Brandon area had full sun today and part sun yesterday. More rain in the forcast for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, so, we shall see.

Some farmers had severe wind damage to flax fields and may have to replant. Now, that also depends on if they are drained enough to get the equipment back on.

The Great Canadian Conversation Topic - the Weather, strikes again. I suggest that you look at hip waders for the next while. Good luck to you!

Comment

The weather is good here, 60 miles north of Regina,Sask. The rain lasted four days and we got 2.1 inches and ended Wednesday. No sloughs anywhere that I can see, we could use the same kind of rain next week again but right now things are looking better. Sorry about the flooding, not easy to deal with either but it was so dry here that I thought it might never rain again, never dreamt about flooding. We all concentrate on our little worlds.

Comment

Here in east-central Alberta the County of Vermilion River and 3 other counties have been declared disaster areas. There has been NO rain where I live. I have moved the cows to some hayland and it is already gone. One more area of hayland and game over. A little flooding I could put up with. I'm glad for those in southern Alberta as they have had it pretty rough for the last 2 or 3 years.

Comment

West Central Alberta is very, very dry. We are normally one of the wetter parts of AB and find this weather strange. We are still feeding cattle. Pastures that were struggling to come are now browning. Crops have stalled. Our resevoirs are in OK shape so far. Yes, we are praying for rain. We are now about 5 weeks behind and have no hope of catching up.

Comment

Dry in central Alberta. Lots of clouds no rain. Pastures are starting to burn. Cereal crops hanging in there, canola patchy germination due to dryness. Waiting for a rain.

Comment

Sigh, I have to echo the comments from my fellow inhabitants of West Central Alberta. A lot of noise last night and somewhat of a light show, but no rain to speak of. Some forecast for the next couple of days, so maybe something out of it.

Looking back, it was about 4 years ago when we got 283% of our normal rainfall. Even a little of that would be welcome now. It seems as though the drought has just moved a little further north and west this year.

Comment

Got 3/4 inches of rain the last couple of days and things are looking better already. The garden seemed to grow two inches overnight! Going to have to cut the lawn for the second time!
                Even the canola threw out a few more plants!
                Need a lot more but right now it looks good!On the 17th we got 1/2 inch. I was out in the Rimbey area(west central alta.)that day and they never got a drop! It has been dry out there.

Comment

It is raining again, can hardly believe it. The rain is coming down perfect just steady not too hard .8 inches last 10 hours and still raining. I couldn't have planned it any better. As for my spraying, it can wait, if it keeps raining will still make out alright. Hope the dry parts of Sask. and Alberta get this same rain or even more.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...
                  X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                  You agree to our and by clicking I agree.