• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Owns the Rain II?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who Owns the Rain II?

Sorry I hit the wrong button before I was finished!

Two of the biggest sponsors of this water Conference were Coca Cola and Coors/Molson. They both gave rosy presentations about how well water markets work in their operations around the world! They buy the water for their operations and everything is just peachy!

One of the main themes of this conferences was how we all need to "conserve" and "collaborate" so water use is "efficient" and "sustainable"!

It was very telling that agriculture got singled out again and again, as a very "inefficient" and "unsustainable" user of water? The conference format was to break all us peons into "workshops" to come to some consensus and solutions.....I was in the agriculture group. The "presenter" had all these charts about ag products and water requirements.....guess what?......beef was about the worst! About 40 times more requirement than lettuce!

I suspect the fix is already in on a water market and the plans are drawn up? We'll get our so-called say this fall (right in the middle of harvest...naturally) and then the government will have a "mandate" to impose a value for THEIR water?

All for the public good...of course!

Then I guess the public shall go hungry by the side of their swimming pools.

When push comes to shove, drinking and growing food are the two uses for water that are not negotiable. I guess some people think a food supply is not a priority?

What a messed up world.

Comment

I agree Kato,and it will get worse because the politicians have the same mantality as city folks NO COMMON SENSE. In 1988 I had a fight over water in the local dam,you can guess who one. I am 66 and still active in cattle,I wonder how it will be when I'm -6 or -6.It isn't fun ,BUT KEEP IT UP WELFARE BUMBS NEED US. p.s i'm not having a good day but I don't have any crop land to feed the bugs and disease, YES THINGS ARE O.K. sorry for the rant.

Comment

But it's simply nonsense - the water in agriculture all
        moves through the natural cycle. Remember the water
        that is on earth now is the same stuff the dinosaurs
        went swimming in - there is no net increase in water
        supply on earth. Cattle eat wet food and it comes out
        the other end, into the soil, recharging the river then
        the ocean and then coming back as rain, hail or snow.

Now taking potable water from an aquifer and
        pumping it deep into the earths core - below the
        recharge zone in the pursuit of oil or gas - that is
        using water permanently. Funny how that one never
        gets as much attention.

Comment

It's all money money money...

It will be interesting how history looks back on these times. I expect there will be people shaking their heads and wondering "What were they thinking?"

Comment

My property rights thread appears to not be going through? This relates to the water use, in that this story is just another attack on our property rights. Quebec couple told they can't grow a garden in their front yard, and now town is banning them entirely.

http://www.infowars.com/war-on-home-gardens-canada-town-outlaws-food-self-sufficiency/

Comment

GF "there is no net increase in water
              supply on earth". or decrease. Except like you say the water they stuff down so deep it will never come back.

The hydrological cycle was established in creation. WE don't lose any into the atmosphere, either.
              Just the Encana's and Shells of the world, raping and pillaging.

Comment

In Alberta there is a culture of corruption. This is very apparent this week with the scandals at Alberta Health services, but corruption is rampant throughout government! The relationship between the energy industry and the government is so corrupt it defies description! There will be a huge need for water once the oil companies start fracking the various shales?

It is incredibly expensive to develop these tight shales and the economics do not allow for extra expenses like paying for water.....or in fact royalties to the people of Alberta! This is where the "sweetheart deal" under the table comes into play!

The government intends to put a "value" on water.....some will pay this "value".....others will be excempt! Guess who will be excempt.

I suspect government money will be available for modernization/reduction of irrigation water......with a modest increase in cost to the farmer? In towns they already have a meter on the waterline, so an additional tax on amount used won't be a big deal?

On farms, wells will require a meter. Not sure how they will tax you on springs and dug outs.....maybe a per/animal cost? Say a couple of bucks a month/cow?

We will be told this is all being done for the ``public good``. Whenever you hear a politician talking about the `public good``.....get your checkbook out!

Comment

Water usage is a misnomer as I see it. I am not
                  a hydrologist but My belief is that water
                  availability is dependant upon the temperature of
                  the air over the oceans and the jet stream. The
                  water cycle regulates the water availability. This
                  issue will be another issue like global warming.
                  Some fat cats will propagate the scare tactic and
                  fill their pockets again.

Comment

The way I see things evolving is that
                    the Oil industry is starting to get
                    short of water and some bad press on
                    sustainability. They will now be able
                    to say "We pay our fair share".
                    Agriculture will likely be thrown under
                    the bus to deflect attention. I won't
                    be surprised to see a water tax to pay
                    for the water my cows use from the
                    dugout I paid for. Maybe the oil
                    industry will now pay the province for
                    water from private dugouts, and you
                    won't be able to block access to that
                    water when they "need it" for producing
                    oil for the public good.

Comment

Anyone who thinks the fight over oil is bad, just wait and see how violent the fight over water will be.

And anyone who doesn't think the U.S. coming for our water after they use theirs up is fooling themselves. Scarey stuff.

Comment

The last kick at the can will be this fall with the "discussions on water value"? Yea I know, it will be an orchestrated "democratic procedure, with a pre determined out come".....very much like the property rights task force this spring!

Unfortunately that is about all we have right now? Might wake a few people up about what these skunks are trying to do?

Comment

Jones from Infowars.com talks about how the State is going to meter the dugouts, wells and ponds.

Comment

All the land bills in Alberta were modelled on what they are doing in Oregon.
                            Mel Knight relayed that little gem to Keith Wilson!
                            Whatever happens in Oregon is coming to Alberta.
                            Redford is hardcore "Agenda 21"....that is why she got invited to Bilderberg.

Comment

If I may, since you mention Bilderberg... Here is a link to the Premier's "Final report" and "Travel Expenses" for her little weekender in Chantilly, Virginia at the Bilderberg Conference. You must check out the value, or lack there-of, (not to mention the lack of accountability!!), we the Alberta taxpayers are getting for our hard earned money....

Expenses:
                              http://www.gov.ab.ca/expenditure/expenditureDetail.cfm?id=599&sid=63

I note under the portion of General Mission Expenditures, Premier Redford's expenses were zero - meaning that all she did was "talk" about Alberta, and no literature or printed information was distributed to other participants.

Since the Bilderberg meetings are "invitation only" and the talks are considered to be "confidential" it is a wonder we the taxpayer have received any information at all.

One of her aides called me on a Friday night (actually June 22/12) at 8:15 pm to tell me to look for her "report" on the government webpage soon.

I hope she enjoyed her holiday...

Final Report:

http://www.international.alberta.ca/documents/International/VirginiaWashingtonDC-31May3June2012.pdf

Let me help you out, the Final Report is short (two sentences).

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...