• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Owns the Rain?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who Owns the Rain?

Who owns the rain? Who owns the snow? Who owns the sunshine? Who owns the air?

In Alberta the government owns ALL the water. Surface water and ground water...so yea that water in your dugout or slough actually belongs to the Crown.

Recently in Oregon the government has been charging landowners who build dugouts without their approval with "illegal capture" of the government's property!

The Oregon government has been floating the idea of a "user fee" for people who put up a solar panel....for capturing "their" sunshine!

Environment and Sustainable Resources Minister Dianna McQueen intends to hold 15 "Putting a Value on Water" hearings in Alberta in Sept/Oct.

This "value issue" has been in the works for quite awhile. I attended a Canadian Water Conference in Calgary in early June, where Minister McQueen was the opening speaker, and it was very apparent where this was heading! My impression was we are heading to a full blown water market, with a price on water?

Here in Ontario there is a move toward putting all water wells on GPS and then putting meters on wells.

Guess where this is going?

These great, big bloated governments we are running need revenue and there is no level too low for them to stoop to for grabbing the cash to fund their fun.

Comment

We are only headed where we allow these jerks to take us! Remember all you Conservative lackies, you voted them back in.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...
      X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
      You agree to our and by clicking I agree.