• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pipelines

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipelines

I'm no fan of pipelines. Over the years I've had my share of problems. Areas that cave in, areas that are permanent "wet zones" due to cutting through springs, costly weed invasions, rocks coming up for years after pipeline construction.
    I have two high pressure lines that have large developement setbacks and 1 km Emergency planning zones.
    Against my will these lines were imposed upon me supposedly for the "public good". I got a one time payment for sixty years of liability!
    Maybe it's time we started getting paid a yearly rent?

I agree 100%. While a little harder to
    measure with grass, I know that there was
    real consternation when GPS and yield
    mapping technology were put into combines
    and you could pick out the pipeline on the
    yield maps.
    Pipelines are viewed as a one time
    nuisance to a landowner, but they really
    are a problem, or a problem waiting to
    happen...

Comment

sean: what really bugs me about pasture is they don't want to pay a decent loss of use?
      With crop (other than the rocks) I'm good to go after two years. With pasture it never seems to end (have a nice little "celery leafed buttercup" problem that is a real pain!

Comment

ASRG----Wanting to get paid annual payment for landowners with pipelines on their property YES. But how do you propose to get there?

Those of us that are dealing with NEB regulated pipelines on their property and especially with those that just negotiated a new pipeline like the ALBERTA CLIPPER, THE KEYSTONE and now the Vantage Line across southern Saskatchewan can see a possible next step to accomplish this.

These three groups once organzed and working together and putting these energy companies into a negotiation situatioon (withholding signatures of pipeline approval) came close.

The linear trenching bonus was the result of $35.00/metre. This was huge and the first in Canadian History. This linear trenching bonus addressed the huge soil disturbance and also paid landowners a same payment no matter what lands they crossed. Heavy loam, sand, pasture.

At the negotiation table (which I was present at) --we had accountants involved as well. We tried to get Enbridge to consider annual payment instead of one lump sum. It was a no go. The compensation package was only part of the negotiation settlement. The issues I stress again was worth more to landowners than the compensation payment but most landowners did not see anything but the $$$.

This was on Sept 21. The negotations were starting to waiver. The certificate hearing was scheduled for OCt 31 Nov 1. The best deal you can negotiated is just before the certificate hearing. If you try to push the envelope forward with these powerfull companies and force them into certificate hearing ----SAPL/MPLA landowner groups raised over $600,000.00 and put together tremdous information through our lawyers to testify against this company. If landowner groups do not settle with what was negotiated so far all would of been lost including the $$$ raised out of pocket to get to this point of negotiatons.

SAPL/MPLA who represented over 450 landowner signatures had to take the deal.

Oct 12/2007 at 11:55 a.m. we signed the deal on the table.

This is now almost 5 years ago. Things have happened and things have changed along this corridor. I will expand later ASRG in another post.

Summary is that the linear trenching disturbance was reached, was recognized as a proper POD to all landowners in all landowner classes but now that has to be converted into taking the one sum payment over time.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...