• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ABP Pretty lazy about Refunding the Checkoff?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ABP Pretty lazy about Refunding the Checkoff?

Still waiting for my checkoff refund from the first quarter? It isn't a big deal (about $26), but I sure don't want to leave one nickel with these guys!

Personally I would like to see my checkoff dollars being sent to a group that actually represents my interests?

How hard would it be to have a box on the Alberta Livestock manifest that gave you a choice?

Example:
    ABP____
    Western Stockgrowers___
    Alberta cattle feeders___
    NFU_______

I think there was a minimum amount of refund before
    they cut you a cheque but I can't remember if it was
    more or less than $26. If that was the money you
    claimed in January you should have been paid before
    April 1st.
    A timely reminder that July is time to claim your
    refund for Jan-June sales. Mailed mine this morning.
    roup that actually represents my interests?

"How hard would it be to have a box on the Alberta
    Livestock manifest that gave you a choice?"

Not hard, think how many times the manifests have
    been changed in the last couple of years. If that
    choice was available ABP would lose an awful lot more
    $ than they are at the moment. They like it the way it
    is because a lot of lazy and virtually illiterate ranchers
    keep on funding their organization because it's the
    easy option.

Comment

I made a mistake when I wrote this.
      Actually the refund was for the last six months of 2011 and it was $136. The $26 was for the first 6 months of 2012.

My son fills out the refund forms and he was bitching about why bother sending in for $26, when they never bothered paying the $136 from the earlier period (2011). He emailed them twice....never got an answer.

My "delegate" is the president of the ABP, so I will hit him up on it next time I see him. Probably a waste of time.

Comment

When the alta cattle commision was set up it should have been named the southern alta lease holders association because thats all they did was cover the asses for the likes of Doc Siemen , coperthorne horner and so on, changing the name was in name only. So take every penny you can get out of them welfare cowboys.

Comment

We don't ask for our checkoff from the Manitoba Beef Producers, but we do get the one from the MB Livestock Enhancement Council.

We figure if it comes within six months we've done really really well. Ours came to close to a thousand dollars last year. I figure we need it more than they do.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...