• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you heard this rumor?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you heard this rumor?

I heard this the other day from a friend. Cor Van Ray has sold all his holdings to Cargill. Is this true? Is this a little bit scary?

I have also heard it rumoured the Cor Van Ray is or was near bankrupt and at least one other major feedlot has declared bankuptcy. Not surprising if you believe losses of $200.00 per head, the figure that has been kicked around. This is not an unrealistic figure either as I know neighbors who held onto calves that are selling now for what they would have sold for last fall.

Comment

I heard the rumor he is going broke as well.
      I have a relative that is a manger of one of his feedlots and when I asked him he figured it must be wrong. He said there was expansion going on at the lots as well as lots of cattle coming in. I would think if trouble was happening a person would not be buying much or expanding.

Comment

The rumor got started on the May long weekend when someone phoned into the Rutherford show and said Cor was broke and being bought by cargill. On Jim Fishers program later that week he had gone to the well and was told that Cor was having hard times but had not even considered selling. Their has been one lot "Camalot"north east of Edmonton that has declared bankruptcy according to Fishers program. I now a local feedlot operator who said that Cor's buyers got out of the Market for a while and the replacement costs drop considerably. I haven't heard lately what is going on as we are still trying to get some of our crop in.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...