• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hay crop

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hay crop

Alfalfa looks sick. Think it is going to die before it flowers. Is not dry around here in fact the opposite. Talked to a guy and he was saying people are cutting hay to salvage the crop. Went and looked at mine and have to agree looks screwed. South central Sask. Thought he said some kind of weavel or worm??

Alfalfa weevil is rampant is Southern Alberta. Seen a couple of hay fields turning white. Alfalfa weevil is a little green worm that destroys the buds. Will move down the stem if there are enough of them. It turns into a hard shelled adult that lays eggs

Comment

North cent alta the alfa here is shoth and starting to bloom didnt notice any worms but will take a closer look . I cut 50 acre today and it is probably 25% less than last yr, but we had a hard frost this spring turned the alfa white about 4inches or about half.
      I have a 1/4 on river its grass but it seems like something has been eating it kind of grey red looking a few yr ago we had black grass bugs that did a number on it and it did grow out of it ,sure hope it does it again.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...