• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On a brighter note?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a brighter note?

The calves are exceptional this year, the hay looks good, the bulls are our and working hard, the crops are coming, the garden is good and so far bug free, the pastures are lush, the hummingbirds are busy as bees, and the birdhouses are full of tree swallows and blue birds!
    Life is pretty good?
    Had a little wreck with the pups (two purebred black labs) and a porquipine. 56 quills pulled and they never bit or fought back at all! They are the light of my life......6 months old and real nuisances......pack everything not nailed down, and chew everything in site! Very smart little ladies. Love to chase the ducks down at the dam.

Yep, life is looking pretty good around here too! A
    beautiful time of year.

Comment

You both exactly what I was thinking when I came back from a walk through the crops and calves this afternoon. After a very dry start to the spring and a rough go at calving, things have never looked better.

The corn is almost waist high already, the soys are almost up to my knees and loaded with blossoms already. Although it is a bit thin and light because it had a very cold, dry start, the triple mix is ready to cut tomorrow and then bale and wrap on Tuesday.

There must be about a million shades of green this time of year!

Comment

Two dugouts now dry here. Alfalfa is starting to
        bloom but it's too thin to want to cut it yet. The
        positive is we got some trenching done today,
        rerouted 6 water runs into 1 culvert instead of
        needing 6 more culverts. When the dirt/muck
        piles dry out we should be able to make a decent
        road out of it. Beavers likely hard at work tonight.
        Cheers

Comment

We've been getting a lot of rain, but the weatherman says it's going to get sunny and hot now. The corn has just been waiting for this! It would look pretty sad beside the waist high stuff burnt has, but for it's age, it's looking good so far.

Since Hubby won the Great Squirrel War last summer, and the last remaining one took off this spring looking for squirrly company elsewhere, we've got birds in the yard like we haven't had in five years. It sounds like a jungle about six in the morning when they all get going. LOL

Butterflies everywhere, too. Lots and lots of them. Not sure why that is, unless it was the mild winter. The garden is looking good, and I think I'm one step ahead of the potato bugs this year. yaaa!!! So far....

I maybe shouldn't say this on the beef forum, but I got myself 10 little sheepses this spring, and I'm really liking the little critters.

All around better than last year, except for one thing. This time last year we were in Scotland. sigh.... Oh well, maybe some day we'll get back there.

Comment

In October, it will be two years since I began searching for investment capital to buy or build our own meat packing facility to deal distinctly with non commodity beef and offshore exports. And about 7 or 8 years of thinking about it before that.

I think that I have met more people in the last 20 months than I did in the last 10 or maybe even 2o years of my life. All are still watching, most from the sidelines after some lengthy discussion and effort. No bridges burned.

My son, another (psychologically unemployable human)(not sure where he gets that stuff from) was struggling with some sales work he was doing. I suggested that his progress was due to his meeting realms of people over the past 6 months of his life. We are both progressing and guess what - if we both want to succeed, the only thing we need to do is "meet more people".

Met with one promising investor and had my partner meet with another yesterday.

Lots of potential out there, just have to trust that the final goal is achievable and not worry about how it will happen.

This post is surely not only about beef packing plants, nor Randy Kaiser. All the best with all your goals and dreams, it's all about "YOUR" attitude.

Comment

Its a beautiful world with animals, timely rain and
              sunshine. What a life! City folk wake up, get the
              kids to a sitter, almost never see the sunrise and
              never get to marvel at the bounty. Agrivillers
              know what I am talking about.

Next time you want to take a strip off a
              bureaucrat, remember what his or her life is like
              and pass on a good word. Share the good
              feeling.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread