• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something to Keep Your Eye On

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something to Keep Your Eye On

In the fall sitting of the Alberta Legislature, the government will introduce and pass the "Competitive Regulatory Act for Oil and Gas", Energy Minister Ken Hughes announced on Friday.

What does this mean? The premise is the present system is too onerous on the O & G industry, and the solution is to basically scrap the Environent and Sustainable Resources Departments and let Alberta Energy be a "one stop shop" for all regulatory approval. Leases, pipeline right of ways, oilsands, Carbon Capture Scams, power plants and transmission lines, nuclear plants!

Fair enough...the bureaucratic nightmare of getting approval for a project was something else, and it probably needed some improvements....this goes way beyond that!

However, the proof will be in the pudding! I participated in the workshops when they were trying to sell this thing.....and it was very much a "democratic input with a predetermined result"! In other words the government had an outcome they had predetermined......and all us dummies participating were led by the nose down the garden path! Now without a doubt some of us strayed right off the path....but we were ignored or labelled as hopelessly backward mavericks and dinosaurs, who didn't understand the value of "consensus"!

Okay.....so I'm a troublemaker.....but what does this mean for the average guy?

I suspect: Give up the idea that you have the right to challenge things like compensation or environmental concerns at a hearing or in court. Give up the idea that compensation should be a fair and negotiated settlement. Give up the idea that you have any kind of right to safe water, land and air. Give up the idea that you have any rights!
    You will become a non-entity in the developement....a slight speed bump (very slight) on the road to corporate profits!

Coming to you this fall from the greatest "free market" in the world, Alberta!

Asrg I know of a few oil companies that can be bought. Why is it any different now than when the gov gives our public land to welfare cattlemen oh yes you probably dont own an oil company but do own grazing leasers or are in the family.

Comment

Horse: I have never owned a grazing lease.....nor has anyone in my family.
      I live east of Red Deer in the black soil zone.

Comment

I fear you are right ASRG. Spent a very depressing day
        yesterday listening to some presentations - one by
        Jessica Ernst. Just unbelievable how she has proof
        that every Government body, regulatory authority and
        oil/gas company has lied and falsified records
        regarding her complaints. To see the records from
        years ago of the water quality tests from her well then
        to see the same records today with the results
        removed or changed, the series of contradictory
        statements made by ministers and regulators over the
        years which are promptly removed from the internet
        when she highlights them. The RCMP being used as a
        tool of intimidation to push big oil's agenda and
        silence the critics. Just totally destroys any credibility
        there should be attached to Government office,
        regulatory authority or the oil gas industry in this
        province. Folks we are living in a banana republic.
        Check out http://www.ernstversusencana.ca and
        please consider donating to the cause. This brave
        lady is fighting a battle for all of us. Without water we
        have nothing.

Comment

Jessica's story is one everyone should be concerned with. Our organization has held fundraisers for her and have a trust fund sey up for her.
          She is a unique person! She is fighting the good fight for all of us.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...