• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing the Rules!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing the Rules!

My local rural county is in the process of bringing in a new municipal developement plan. We are not really sure why....probably too many people sitting around with nothing to do!
    The "first parcel out" practice has been to always allow one acreage out of every quarter section, but now they want to limit that to only "developed farmsteads" and they want to limit it to 3 acres.
    First they tried to sell it as the old "save the farmland" but that didn't go over too good as the city of Red Deer continues to strip off 3-4 feet of black dirt on the best land in the county to build more housing. Pretty hard to convince the guy with a rocky old hill that he needs to do his part to save agriculture!
    My councillor told me the added costs of extra grading and snowplowing to acreage owners, was just to much for the taxpayers to bare.....I told him well, you could just tell them to go to hell ,like you do the rest of us when we bitch about the roads!
    The bottom line here is with a stroke of a pen the municipality will devalue property......without any compensation or access to challenge decisions in court? I have no problem if they want to pretend they are "saving the farmland" or "saving taxpayers dollars"....just pay me the difference for what they are taking away through the new regulations?
    About $150,000/quarter.
    When the county needs land for a road or a school or whatever, they can expropriate and the landowner is compensated and has the right to challenge that compensation in court? Not so when they "partially expropriate" through dreamed up regulations?
    This sort of garbage goes on all the time in Alberta.
    (As an aside most of the councillors already subdivided their own first parcel out!)

Statutory consents - the layers that make a large portion of the value of property. Where have we had this conversation before. Too bad we lack the ability to protect our property value.

Comment

Check out the end of this article by Paul Joseph Watson at infowars.com, article titled "Agenda 21 To Be Discussed at Bilderberg Confab" and features Alison Redford's plans for the Bilderberg discussions.

http://www.infowars.com/agenda-21-to-be-discussed-at-bilderberg-confab/

The later part of the article includes this, as well as some other enlightening information:

"The true motivation behind this agenda was recently unveiled at the ‘Planet Under Pressure’ conference in London, during which climate change alarmists presented their blueprint for humans to be packed into denser cities so that the rest of the planet can be surrendered to mother nature. This process is already well underway in California where laws passed to mitigate car use and carbon dioxide emissions have led to policies that mandate up to 30 homes be built on a single acre of land."

Land use agendas will be the future under our Alberta Land Stewardship Act. This is a global agenda, not just little old Alberta or any specific county. Theft of the land without compensation is the name of the game. Read the article and keep up the good work of informing your fellow Albertans of the crap being pushed by the more sophisticated people of the world....ha ha.

Comment

Check out this video on how California county is forcing the shut down of rural businesses:

>

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...