• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Temple Grandin

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temple Grandin

Went to see Temple Grandin speak in Brandon yesterday. Well worth the drive. They had a packed room with about 700 in attendance.

We were pleased to see that we are already using a lot of her methods. So actually didn't learn a lot of new info in that department.

She did have an interesting answer to one fellow's question about dealing with animal rights activists who post old re-run videos about horrible things that have happened. She told him that he needs to post some videos too.

She told him to make some videos of daily life on his hog farm, and make them almost like a tutorial. Show people what really goes on in daily life, and make it something you'd show a guest. Her theory is that a lot of the problem is perception, and that city people just see one side of the picture.

She says that every time someone searches Youtube for a video, and a bad one pops up, there should be a bunch of good ones that pop up beside it. I think that's a good idea.

If anyone ever gets a chance to go see her, I say do it. There were a bunch of people from the Winnipeg Humane Society (notoriously unfriendly to hog farmers), and not a peep out of them. I guess even they can recognize common sense when they hear it.

Not had the chance to see her in person but I saw the Temple Grandin Movie on tv this winter. She is a very remarkable person.

Comment

Whne Temple Grandin was at the Tiffin Conference in Lethbridge this past winter I did the following ionterview with her. Very fascinating lady.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...