• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

North Dakota Oil - Black Gold under Farm Feilds

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

North Dakota Oil - Black Gold under Farm Feilds

Hey, new to the community here. Living on 340 acre farm in North Dakota and just learned that there is oil underneath my wheat field! Thinking about giving up the farming life and living like a Clampett - But not sure I want to give up the family farm and see a bunch of oil wells in it's place. Anyone else thinking about ND farmland being turned into oil fields?

Not sure how it works in N.D. but from what I understand here in Canada, is if you have oil under your land and the oil companies want it, they will get it whether you want them to or not.

If you don't make a deal with them they go to nieghbours then directional drill, under your land and get it and you get nothing.

Comment

I don't know for sure, but if you have mineral
      rights in Canada, the oil companies still owe you
      even if they directional drill.
      Directional drilling means someone else gets
      paid for the surface disruption.

Comment

Directional drilling hardly seems fair. Where does land ownership begin and end - at the surface? I thought I would own the land under the surface too? I have a feeling this is going to get ugly...

Comment

From what I understand, if you don't own the
          mineral rights in Canada, your land ownership
          ends at 6" from the surface.

Comment

My 12 Gauge Begs to Differ, Got about a Dozen of em'!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Dozen of em??? Shotguns or oilmen? So how does it work in USA? Do you have mineral rights? Hows it going?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...
              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.